Chapter Eight

It's been five days since Jared Leto told me he was planning to stay in character during the filming of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. Five days and I still hadn't heard anything from him. He could have moved all the way to the Arctic and I wouldn't even know. It was driving me crazy.

To be honest, it's not like he owes me anything. On the contrary, if it wasn't for him I would still be looking for the first opportunity that came up to be in a movie, no matter how shitty it might turn out to be. Frankly, I didn't even know why I was angry at him. He treated me so well, I couldn't deny that. Maybe I was angry that he told me to stay away from him, like I couldn't take care of myself. I know he's just looking out for me, but it still annoys me.

Oh, I'm just being too critical and paranoid- it's probably nothing.

Or maybe I was angry because I wouldn't get to be with him all the time, like it had been for the past month. I really had gotten used to his company by now. More than anything, I enjoyed every second we spent together. I shook my head, confused at the turn my thoughts had taken.

Oh God! What am I even thinking? This is so pointless and stupid. It's time to go back to reality Raena.

I picked up my phone and dialed Dahlia's number. It rang a couple times before she finally picks up.

"It was about time you called." she greeted me.

I laughed at her snarky remark. "Hello to you too, love. I'm great, thanks for asking. So, what are you doing?"

"Not much really, just wondering when my best friend was going to call me. You know, we used to be really close and all, but one day she just kind of disappeared! Supposedly, some hot rock star snatched her away and made all her dreams come true." Dhalia has a really vivid imagination.

I roll my eyes at the absurdity of it all. "And they say I'm the drama queen." I mumbled looking at my watch. "It's two o' clock in the afternoon, do you feel up for a girl's night out or would you rather just rant about your missing BFF? You have enough time to get ready for either one and meanwhile, I can get a few things done. Personally, I would prefer going out, but what do you say?"

"Uh duh," she squeals "we have a lot  to catch up on."

"Okay then, see you at 7?"

"Sure, looking forward to seeing you babe!" she said, before hanging up.

I grabbed my purse and keys from the table and walked to the door, stopping before going out to check myself in the mirror. I was wearing a dark grey crop top paired with black cut-out leggings. I left my blond hair hang loose. It surprised me how good it looked with basically anything I wore, specially because I mostly use dark colors so it's a good contrast. I took a pair of aviator sunglasses along with my jacket and walked out.

I stopped briefly at the agency to sign some papers related to the publicity agreement for the film. I had read everything beforehand so it really didn't take long for us to sort it out. I quickly got to my car and made my way to the grocery store. I loved grocery shopping. I'm not really sure why, but I enjoyed it.

I was so concentrated on trying to decide which apples to buy that I didn't notice the man that walked up to me and stood behind me for a few seconds. After noticing there was no reaction from my part, he gently tapped my shoulder to demand my attention. I turned around startled, and couldn't help but smile once I saw him there.

"Shannon!"  I gasped. He looked at me with wide eyes and I covered my mouth shortly after, realizing the mistake I had made. "Oops, sorry." I chuckled nervously.

I ran the short distance that separated us and tackled him with a hug. He patted my hair softly, while I smiled dearly at him. When our embrace ended, I took a step back so I could be able to see his face and my smile grew even wider.

"Where the hell have you been, Rae? I've missed you like hell. I even thought you would have forgotten me by now." he said holding me at arms-length.

"You are so wrong. How could I ever forget you? And here I thought you knew me better." I said, teasingly.

We walked side by side talking, while we were busy getting our groceries. When we checked out, we said our farewells and parted ways toward our respective cars. I stopped midway and turned around.

"Hey, Shan!"

"Yeah?" he replied turning around as well.

"I'm going out with a friend tonight at The Viper Room. Would you care to join us?"

"I don't know, I'll have to check with J. He's been working nonstop on the new album and I think he wanted to work on one of the songs tonight, but if we finish early I'll try to make it." he said before waving goodbye.

Once I was back home, I unpacked my groceries and put them away. Looking at the clock I noticed it was already 6 o' clock. I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I chose to wear a tight, one-sleeved dress. It was short and dark purple. A black clutch and a pair of high heels matched it perfectly. I finished my makeup and styled my hair in seemingly effortless waves. I called Dhalia to let her know I was on my way to pick her up, and left the house shortly after ending the call. I was so ready to have some fun with her. I've missed her so much. Tonight there was no holding back, we were going to have some fun! We had to let loose.

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Author's Note:

Okay, I'm really sorry for this chapter. I don't like it at all, but I wanted to get ahead on the story so here it is. I promise I'll try to make the next chapters better.

Also, ALMOST 1K!!! I'm having a heart-attack. Thanks to everyone for reading and voting and commenting and just supporting me. AHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

*clears throat* Anyway, are guys ready for some action? Do you think Shannon will show up? Let me know what you think