Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Soft caresses swept my skin.  I smiled as I dreamed.  Warm fingers drew patterns on the tight skin of my abdomen.  Kisses touched me gentle and soft but as I murmured and moaned they became more demanding, sucking as they seemed reluctant to leave my skin.  My back arched allowing the kisses more access and in doing so a soft groan interrupted the progression of the lips. 

I brought my calf up the legs that were tangled in mine, drawing it slowly up and down enjoying the feel of my soft skin against the rough of his. 

A long groan drew in a deep breath, pulling cool air across my warm skin. 

This was a good dream.

Yellow light filtered through my eyelids as the lips found mine.  He kissed me slowly but as I responded he became more urgent as he repositioned himself so that our hips bumped.

I opened my eyes in surprise.  This was no dream.  In my bed was a very aroused man.  I pulled back in shock.

“Maeb, what’s wrong?” his husky voice was drenched in lust as his hands cupped my face.

I gasped.  It was him. 

His face in the half light was even more chiselled and his morning stubble made me want to run my fingers along his jaw line.  His hair was a tangled mess, like a lion’s mane it stuck up in all directions.  The blue in his eyes seemed to penetrate me as they smouldered with their intent.   His lips hitched up to a leisurely smile as he watched me.

I was awake.  This was no dream.  He was no dream.  It was early morning. 

“Why are you here?” I asked through my shallow breaths.

He laughed silently, “Do you not remember last night?  I will happily remind you.”

Last night?  That was not a dream either? 

“You are real?  This is real?  We are doing this?”

His face became serious and he looked at me searching my eyes then he kissed me on the lips while his arms wrapped around me pulling me into his long hard body.  He didn’t answer me with words he answered me with a re-enactment of my dream.  I welcomed him.  In the morning light it was even better than under the blanket of darkness. 

We were lovers, Jonathan and I.  He loved me.  This was not a dream.  He truly loved me.

Breathing heavily I felt the glow of deep satisfaction.  I watched my naked lover as the sun kissed his skin.  My eyes drank him in.  I fully reacquainted myself with his body, rediscovering his many scars, mapping his features and enjoying the topography.  I then ran my fingers over his body exploring the valleys and crests in his muscle definition.  His eyes never left me as I lusted over his beautiful body.  His hands cradled me tenderly.

“You are here, aren’t you?”

“Yes, I am,” his eyes widened as the baby kicked out causing my belly to distort.  He laughed at the sight, “Our child is strong.”

“Yes, he kicks like a mule.  Maybe he will be as stubborn as his father?”

“Stubborn?  His father?  No, his mother has that characteristic!” Jonathan laughed as he touched his lips to my forehead.  “I am not the stubborn one.”

“Which brings me back to my original question, why are you here?”

“Because you want me here, because I want to be here.”