Chapter 7 - Stolen kisses

Hello again, lovely readers. Don't hate me for this!!

Chapter 7

*Harry's POV*

The past year has been full of drama, all drama that has involved Ivy. She tried to kill herself last year, after I kissed her on the beach that dreadful day, and even though it's been a long road to recovery, she does seem happier these days. Actually, I should probably say did seem happier.

Now we're caught up in trying to identify and stop whoever has been sending Niall and Ivy these messages. It definitely makes sense that it would be the same person, but what's the goal? To split them up?

God knows I want that. I don't like admitting that out loud, but it feels so good to think about! If Ivy were single, I could have my chance – I would have my chance! I would show her how much better I am for her, and how much I care for her, but of course, she isn't single. But I have to stop thinking about this.

The different possibilities hurt my mind, and I have to block them out. Besides, ever since Ivy tried to take her own life, she's seemed to stop noticing me. Which means she doesn't notice my anger either. I spend half the time filled with an incurable rage towards her – or Niall, I'm not sure exactly which of them I'm angry at. Maybe both of them. But Niall is my friend, and I can't stand the constant struggle between supporting his relationship with Ivy, and trying to imagine them broken up.

Ivy and I hardly ever talk directly to each other, although she's growing closer to all the other boys. Particularly Louis. I saw them hugging the other day, and the rage filled me again. I called her slutty in a moment of anger, and although I didn't mean it, it made me feel so much better – it was a moment of relief from the anger. Of course, I haven't mentioned the other feelings I have the rest of the time. When I'm not angry, I'm turned on, thinking and reliving the incredible kiss I gave her that night. Some mornings I wake up, after I have dreams about her, extremely vivid, sensual dreams...

Louis was the one I confided in about that first kiss, and the other day, after I called Ivy slutty, he sat down with me again to ask if I still had those feelings for her. I probably should have told him the truth as he might have been able to help me, or at least let me express my feelings. But instead I told him I was just in a bad mood, and he bought it.

Of course, I'm thinking about all of this in a limousine. What a hard life I have, right?

The boys and I are on our way back from a few different gigs; some extended coverage interviews with different radio stations, and a TV show pre-recorded performance. The boys are too hyped up to notice I'm being extra quiet today, so I pipe in with an occasional dirty joke and laugh at whatever Louis and Zayn are saying to keep up my usual exterior.

Niall got over my behaviour towards Ivy when I kissed her, but he'd never get over it if I tried any moves on Ivy again.

Finally we're back at the hotel, but my mood hasn't improved – I feel annoyance and slight anger rising up in me as Niall nudges me and tells me a joke. Can't he see that Ivy is the girl of my dreams, and yet he is the luckiest bastard in the world for being able to make her happy? No, because he's an oblivious idiot.

As we arrive back to the house, I smell food. Ivy is cooking spaghetti with some kind of sausage, from the looks of it, and it smells amazing. I take a deep breath, breathing in the delicious smells from the kitchen and breathing out some of my animosity towards Niall. Of course, that animosity comes right back into me as Niall creeps up behind Ivy and surprises her by wrapping his arms around her waist, and gives her a small kiss.

I feel like I could kill someone. But to my surprise, she doesn't return the kiss, just gives him a small smile and returns to her cooking.

"Hey Liam, up for a game of Mario Kart?" I challenge Liam, desperate to get my mind off Ivy. "Hell yes!" he replies, and jumps on to the couch, grabbing a controller. Three games later, and I've actually managed to beat Liam twice, which makes me feel a little better.