Chapter 15- Fixing A Broken Heart

***So before I begin, I wanted to take a moment and say a big sorry to everyone. I haven't uploaded in months, and I know a bunch of you have lost interest in the book. I have so many excuses as to why I haven't had the time to upload, but I should have atleast talked to you guys about it.  So, so sorry again, and I hope you all can pick up from where we left off :) <3***

"Alright, well, I guess I'll be going, then." I say, picking up my jacket. 

"We'll miss you so much, Madi. You come visit us in Oklahoma, just call and we'll start cleaning up the guest room right away!" Caleb's mom says, giving me a big hug.

"Thanks, I'll miss you too." 

"Can I walk you out?" Caleb asks.

I nod, and open the door.

I try not to look into his eyes as we take the elevator down to the lobby, but as we walk out, my eyes start to burn with tears, and Caleb obviously notices.

He stops and looks me right in the eye, "Poof, we will always love eachother, no matter where we live, how old we are, or how ugly we get. You know that, I know that, and so does Josh. But right now things are complicated and it's best that you go back to Josh, so you can keep your mind off of this mess....Ok?"

I look up into his eyes, and I can tell that he means what he says. He still loves me.

"Hey, everything will work out. You and I will be perfectly happy, and we'll see eachother again soon. Don't cry." 

He grabs me and pulls me into a big hug, and I give him a bigger one, not wanting to let go. 

"Bye." Caleb says.

"Bye, Caleb." I say, glancing behind my shoulder one last time as I walk away from the one person on Earth that I will always and forever love with all my heart.

******************************

I walk up to the apartment complex, anxiety rushing through my body. 

What if Josh doesn't even care anymore? What if he doesn't want me to be with him? Does he even love me? Do I love him? 

Just as I put my hand on the door handle, it flies open to reveal an anxious, eager Josh. 

"Madi, I am so sorry. I should have never said those things to you. You are special to me; you mean the world to me." he says, pulling me into a tight hug.

I sigh with relief: he's not repeled by my common status, he was just stressed and under lots of pressure.

"Look," he says before I get the chance to reply, dragging me into the apartment, "sit here, and don't move. I'll be right back."

He comes back moments later holding a small box behind his back and a teddy bear that he hands to me. 

"This doesn't make up for what I did, but it's something to show you I still always care, and that I love you Madi. I really do. I love you more than the world." 

I let his words sink in before I reply. 

"I love you too." 

At this moment, that was all I could manage. It stopped me because I had to wonder: did I really love him back? 

He hands me the small box and I open it to find a charm bracelet. By the looks of it, the stone was diamond, and it looked expensive.

"Josh, I can accept this." I say, handing him the box back.

"What? Of course you can! Here." he puts the box down on the table beside him and begins to clasp the bracelet onto my hand. Once he finishes, he stands back to admire his work, and sees my morbid face.

"You don't like it? Is it the charms? Are there too many? I knew I should'nt have gotten the deluxe." he says.

"No, no the bracelet is beautiful, Josh. Thank you." I say, admiring my own hand which now sparkled brighter than the sun.

He smiles a big, cheesy grin and says, "Well there, then. Lets go out to eat. You hungry?" 

I wasn't as me and Caleb had a big meal, but I don't exactly feel comfortable telling Josh that. 

"Yeah, lets go." I said, and grab his hand.

********************************

As we sit looking at the menu of the high-price, exquisite resteraunt Josh had brought me to, I begin to think about how I really feel. 

Caleb and I have such a deep connection, even when I see him for just hours. I love him. I love him and he loves me, and there is no denying that. The only problem is that there are still feelings that I have for Josh, and I can't decide if they are strong enough to pull me away from Caleb and keep me with him.

"You ok? You've barely said a word since we sat down." Josh asks, grabbing my hand across the table.

"Yeah," I say, "I'm okay, just thinking things through. I've been having a great time with you Josh, and you've been such a great guy for me-" 

"Why are you talking in the past?" he asks, suddenly worried.

"I just think that we should maybe take things slow, you know? It's been great living with you here, but I just think it would be better if we just let this sit, and kind-of get used to where we are before moving on." I say, as nonchalantly as possible.

Josh doesn't say anything at first, only looks at me, and then, "Okay."

He then stares down at his menu, and as I could see, is not at all intersted in the many choices of steak, but instead only looks at one spot, as if he is in a state of realization. 

After a long, awkward, and quiet dinner, Josh and I head towards the limo to take us to the apartment. Around the corner, Josh suddenly stops me and turns me around, kissing me hard and passionately. 

He pulls away and stares deep into my eyes as he says, "Did you feel that?"

"Yes." I reply, as I really did. Josh and I had an unbelieveable pull that anyone could see, and we really did have great chemistry. I think my only concern is that I am not sure whether or not our romantic flame has the potential to grow, or if it will soon diminish into ashes and never rekindle again. 

I make the decision to kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck, and truly letting myself feel what Josh and I had: a big, big connection. 

"I love you too, Josh, and I'm sorry I didn't say it back to you earlier. I just needed to see if what we had was true and not just something we wanted to have." I say, truly meaning my words.

I love him. I love his corny jokes, his ridiculously wild personality, and his heart that opens up to anyone and loves with all possible capacity. I may love Caleb as well, but right now, my heart belongs to Josh, and that is where it will stay.

******Umm, well hi. This is awkward because I haven't written in almost a year. I feel so bad but I kind-of gave up on writing for a while. Think of it as a really, really long writer's block. Anyways, I hoped you liked this chapter and its super short, choppiness. Long chapter coming your way soon (:

Update: hopefully soon!

Teaser: A surprise visit (not Caleb) and one extravagant party (:    (cue the oo's and ahh's)

CONTEST!!!

Another book cover-making contest for you guys! As you can see, I changed Madi's role to be played by Ella Purnell, as I think she fits better into what I see Madi's character to be. Whoever makes the cover I think is best will get credit to it as well as the next chapter dedicated to them. Rules are simple:

1) Deadline is next Sunday (3/23)

2) Must feature "A New Neighbor" title (obviously)

3) Send an attatchment of the picture to my email below

dani_wattpad@yahoo.com

Good luck!! (: **************