Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Macy's Pov

Why do I feel like I got ran over by a bus? Why's it so dark? Where am I?

Then I remember, that man must have seriously hurt me. I remember trying to run away, and then a massive amount of pain in my leg. I wonder where I am now?

Suddenly the lights are switched on. I try to ask where I am, but all that comes out is a gurgling mumble.

"Don't worry sweetie, you're safe here with me now." I hear a sickly sweet feminine voice say. I try to ask who she is but all that comes out is a squeak, at least its a slight improvement. 

"As I said, no need to worry, you're safe now. Welcome to your new home, soon you will meet the other girls. You just need to put on some appropriate clothing," at this point I look down to find myself in just my undergarments, and they were all filthy, " and wash away the rouge smell."

"T-the wh-hat smell?" I ask, testing out my sore vocal cords.

"The rouge smell, can't you smell it?"

I shook my head no. What is this lady taking about?

"Well, I'll send for a pair of clothes for you. See you later sweetie." The lady dismisses herself, and leaves out of a door I hadn't noticed before. Now that I am truly awake and aware I take in the surroundings of the room. I was sitting on the hard concrete floor, and to my left there was a table, but when I tried to stand up and go look at what was on the table, I yelped in pain.

I looked down and saw a sewed up gash were the man bit me. Around the sewing marks I see where an infection is starting. The greenish glint is enough to give it away. Then the stench hits my nose, I smelled of rotting flesh and dirt. Is this what the lady was talking about? My gosh, I'm gagging, but nothing is coming up because I haven't ate in who knows how long.

I hear the creaking of door hinges, and try around as quickly as I can without hurting myself more. Entering my room is a timid girl, I would guess her to be around fourteen, and she sets my clothes in my lap.

"Here are some new clothes for you, Lu-" 

The girl is interrupted by the same lady from earlier, "That is enough Grace."

I am curious to find out what Grace was going to call me, Lu what? Lucy? That's not even close to Macy. Grace scurries out of the room and takes the items that were on the table with her.

"Strip." The lady commands.

"With you in here?"

"I can turn around if that makes you feel any better, but I am not leaving. Now hurry up."

I don't like her, but her voice has a little bit of authority to it and I don't think I would like the consequences if I disobeyed her. So I took my bra off, as I did I realized that I had purple bruises all the way down my right side. I take a black sports bra and bring it over my head and down my shoulders, and then I take the light grey long sleeve that was given to me and slip it over my shoulders, the slight v-neck fit nicely. 

Now I attempt to take off my underwear and scream at the pain in my right leg. I got my left leg out no problem, and I tried to get my right leg out again, but it hurt too much. Finally, I just rip the underwear and put the new black pair on. This was a problem also, I pooled them at my ankles, and laid on my back to try and wiggle them down to my waist. This worked better than I thought it would and there was only a little pain. 

All I had left were a pair of khaki straight leg pants. There is no way I am getting my leg into those, and I tell this to the lady. She just tells me to put them on regardless. Struggling I try the same method, but with more material, it wouldn't work. 

"Will you help me stand up?" I ask the lady, slightly afraid that she will think of me as weak since I can't even get my clothes on by myself.

"I suppose," she helps me up, but the pants are still around my ankles, "I can pull them up for you. I'll be gentle, I swear." The lady offers. I really don't have any choices, so I have to let her help me.

"Yes please."

She gently pulls up my pant legs, and I barely feel a thing. She backs away and lets me zip and button my pants by myself. Then she gives me a pair of black combat boots, and she double knots them for me.

"Ready to meet the other girls?"

"Ready as I can be."

****************************************************************