Chapter 1

Kimberley's POV

"Cheryl you did great!"

"Do you think?" She smiles at the ground and keeps focused in the direction she's walking. She's walking to her dressing room as fast as possible. She wants out of her shoes and her dress and she wants to put on her Scruffs and her uggs that I bring to every one of her shows. I know the things she'll want even if she doesn't say she wants them. I know Cheryl's little quirks. I know them because I know her. The hard part is that I don't think she knows just yet about how much I love her and all the things I do for her. Not because I want her to kiss me, and not because I want her to hold me like she does when she knows we're alone, but because I love her and I'm sure I will never change how I feel.

She pushes through the door. She leans against the wall as she takes off one shoe and then the next.

"Who told me to wear these? They're blooming sore. Kimba, Try these on." She hovers her shoes in front of me. "Kimba! Hello?" She laughs at me.

"Sorry." I grin. I was lost in a trance from looking at her. She's so graceful. The way her curls fall around her face; how she's got an hourglass figure; the way she tiptoes when she's barefoot after she's been wearing heels for too long, the way her hands always reaches for mine when she scared...

I take the shoes from her gentle grasp and slip them on. I gasp and my mouth retains an "O" shape.

"How did you even walk in these?" I question, furrowing my brow in pain.

"Told you they were sore." She picks at sweets in the dressing room and searches for her Scruffs and Uggs. She finds a Curley Wurley and unwraps it before sucking all the chocolate off, like she always does.

"Where'd you put them, babe?"

"In me handbag."

"Why there?!" She spins around.

"Because I knew you'd want them."

"Yeh but I thought you said Hilary brings them to like interviews and stuff."

"Not if I'm coming." I lean against the wall and take her shoes off before they give me blisters.

Cheryl finds her tracksuit bottoms and her folded and squished uggs.

"You're lucky you've got small feet."

She smiles, holding in laughter, and taps me on the side with the trouser/shoe combination she's holding in her hand.

She goes into the bathroom and shouts "thank you" as she shuts the door.

Her phone goes off on the couch. She's still getting changed.

"Babe! Phone!"

"Can you get it for me Kim?" She calls from behind the door.

I pick up her black iPhone but I hesitate in answering.

"chez, maybe you should take the call..."

Cheryl comes back out of the bathroom wearing her comfy bottoms and a tank top. She hasn't put her uggs on yet, but she's wearing fuzzy socks. She runs her fingers through her hair as she walks over to the couch on her tiptoes. She gives me a funny look as she takes her phone from my hand.

"Why?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

She looks at the screen, and her eyes dart back to me.

"Kimba!"

"I know. I think you should answer it babe."

"Answer it?! I've nothing to say!"

"Chez it's been ringing for like 30 seconds he's going to get suspicious. Just answer it."