Chapter 1

Present

Acacia! Acaaaaciaaa! My eyes widened in surprise, as I looked around at the men gathered below, trying to find Luna and Shadow, my wolf dogs. I had a "gift" with animals, one that I, never told anyone about. I couldn't see them, but that didn't mean anything, so I reached out with my mind, trying to locate the pups without alerting the men where I was, while trying to get out before my mother decided that just calling for me wasn't enough to catch my attention. Closing my eyes I reached out,  Luna, Shadow, where are you? Luna!,Shadow!, come on, we have to go.

Acacia?

Yes, Luna

Shadow..Shadow's hurt, and it's bad

what? how? when?

Earlier this morning, one of the sheriffs, shot him in the side 

where are you?

we're with some men, they're outlaws, and Acacia the lead one looks,well he looks like you

 I opened my mouth, dropping the conection. It couldn't be..right? My father was an outlaw, I figured it out a long time ago that, my "mother" isn't my real mother and her husband is definiteley not my father. I sighed, blowing a strand of hair out of my face , I couldn't go to them tonight, my mother was already looking for me. I closed my eyes

Luna?

Yes

I can't come today, i'll be there tomorrow, tell shadow to hang on.

Ok, we're close by to where you are now..It won't be hard to track us.

Ok

 With that I closed the conversation down. As I looked at the ground trying to find a way down and home without alerting the soldiers that I'd heard everything they said, as my eyes searched the crowd I saw a brightly dressed familiar figure, oh no,  It was my "mother" she decided that I was taking to long. I took a deep breath, still looking for an escape, finally I found one. I quickly climbed down the tree, cutting through the brush as fast as I could so I could get back before, "mother" did. As I ran through the forest I couldn't keep my mind straight, could it really be? My father? is it really him? then I started to feel guilty, all this time that i had been running i hadn't thought about Shadow, my poor little cub, hurt and alone. I kept running, and finally I saw the cottage, but the sheriff was there, talking to my "Father". My eyes widened, surely I could sneak in through the back door right? but just as I was going through it, my "Father" turned to look at me, oh look, my daughter has returned home, honey the sheriff wants to talk to you, about how much time you spend in the forest, he says he wants to make sure you know the risks and how dangerous it is in there, especially with all the criminals on the loose. He smiled at me as I walked over than went inside to go and grab something. Now don't get me wrong I love him I really do, but I overheard him and mom arguing, mom wanted to tell me that I was adopted but he was completely against the idea, now, back to the present. Sir? I said looking towards the man questioningly, the sheriff just smiled at me lightly, I just want to tell you that you shouldn't be running around in the forest so much, why just today this dangerous I shot this dangerous wolf, he attacked my group without reason and I dread to think about what would happen to a pretty and defensless girl like you. Shadow! Your the one who shot Shadow! he was a defenseles creature and you just shot him! How dare you, how dare you! Now honey, I spun around and glared at my " Father " and you! acting as though you were my  real father, never p[lanning on telling me, you say that you love animals as much as me, and yet you condone this this man, shooting them! I've had it with yoiu people all you tell me are lies, and now one of my only friends might just die because the sheriff feared what he didn't understand and shot him. With that i turned and ran back into the forest crying, by the time I had stopped crying, it was dark, I want to go home, I know that they didn't mean anything, as I wiped away my tears and looked around I realized that I was completely lost, I had never been to this part of the forest before and  had no idea what to do, I stood up and walked around a little trying to catch my bearings when a stray thought hit me pain, so much pain, it hurts... my eyes widened in surprise that sounded like Shadow! Shadow? is that you?

Mistress Acacia? have you found me? Luna said you weren't coming until tomorrow, because the pretender found you.

Yes Shadow it's me, and I wasn't but I got into a fight with the male pretender, he was defending the male who had hurt you so bad. Shadow? where are you? i'm lost, I only realized you were in range when one of your stray thoughts hit me.

okay Mistress, can you sense my location? the male group has all gone to sleep, the alpha, he looks and smells like you Mistress, I think he is your sire.

Yes I can shadow i'm on my way, and truly do you really think he could be?

yes mistress... i'm getting so weak mistress Acacia

I'll be there soon I promise

with that Acacia cut the connection, she locked onto where she could sense Shadow, and started to run. oh dear merlin let him be okay oh please  let him be okay. She was nearing a campsite when a voice called out to her, "Stop! who are you and what are you doing here?" I turned my head towards the sound, seeing a man jumping down from a tree.

thanks oh so much for the support guys.. I'm so sorry that i haven't updated in so long my computer was wiped and has just recently been restored.