Chapter 11 -- Angelina Ballerina

(Angie's P.O.V.)

6 years ago

"Come on Angelina! It's time for ballet class!" my Mommy called.

"Wait Mommy! I have to finish curling my hair!"

Mommy came into the bathroom. "Aw! What a grown up you are!" Mommy said as I tried to bring my hair into the curling iron.

As I swooped my hair around the iron, I burned myself right on my wrist. I dropped the curling iron in the sink and started whining.

"Owie!! Mommy, it hurts. It hurts!"

Mommy gasped. "Honey, are you okay? Let me see that boo boo."

I showed her my wrist. "It hurts Mommy!"

Mommy unplugged the curling iron and carried me to my room.

"I'm gonna go get some cream okay, Angie baby?"

I nodded and wiped away my tears that had been coming.

Mommy hugged me. "Oh sweety, it's okay. You'll be fine."

"Okay Mommy."

She went in the bathroom and came out seconds later with some cream.

"It's going to burn a little bit, okay sweety?"

I nodded. "Just make it stop Mommy!"

"Okay." she put some of the cream on and said, "Well Angie baby, I don't think you should go to your ballet class today. You just rest."

I shook my head. "But I wanna go Mommy!"

"Not today. You need to let that ream take care of your boo boo."

I reluctantly gave in. "Okay Mommy." I sniffled. "Good night."

"Good night sweet heart." Mommy kissed my head and turned off my light to let me sleep.

Present Time

"Angelina Hayes, wake up! It's breakfast time." Mrs. Bond said.

I moaned and turned my back to her.

"Angie! Come on. Wake up. It wouldn't be fair to us if you got more sleep!" my friend, Charlett said.

I finally agreed. "Okay, I'm up."

I rolled out of my blanket covers and sat up. My right wrist burned from irritation. It's been six years since I got that scar and it still hadn't vanished.

I could smell the breakfast ready to be eaten and my stomach started to growl. I give in. I'm hungry.

I got out of bed and Charlett walked with me to the breakfast table. She sat down at the table and I took my seat right next to hers.

A warm plate was already waiting. All I had to do was smack food onto it and eat. I grabbed 2 eggs, 3 flapjacks, mashed potatoes with gravy (leftover's from last night), and a hand full of crackers.

Charlett looked at my plate with doubt. "Are you really going to eat all of that?"

I nodded. "I usually do, don't I?"

"Yeah, true."

I stuffed my mouth with the mashed potatoes and gradually worked my way down through all of the food on my plate. Then I licked it clean.

"Delicious." I said.

After I finished, I raised my hand and waited to be called on, like usual.

Mrs. Bond looked my way. "Yes, Miss Hayes?"

"Can I be excused from this table to change for my ballet class?"