Chapter 7

It was like my happy bubbles popped all at once. I was shocked and angry at the same time. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang motibo niya. I know he knew they're my parents, alam ko rin na may balak siya kung bakit niya nagawa iyon. But really? A triple interest, for what?

I couldn't sleep a wink that night. Hindi ko alam kung anong confrontation ang gagawin ko sakanya. I was now infront of his office, talking to his assistant.

"Can you please tell him that I'll wait here kahit ilan oras pa?" pagmamakaawa ko sakanya, I was holding his black suit.

His assistant eyed it, and raised her brow a little. "I told you to go back to work and I'll call you once his schedule frees up today."

"This is really important," pagmamatigas ko.

"And so his meetings, Iris," mataray na sagot niya saakin.

Iris? What the hell? She never called me Iris. Palaging Ms. Villafuente lang din katulad ng amo niya. I was gritting my teeth already. And sat on the waiting area.

Hours had passed, tumatawag na si Romeo saakin pero hindi ko sinasagot. Masamang nakatingin naman ang assistant niya nang maglabasan ang mga tao sa office ni Zach. I stood up immediately.

Hinarangan niya ako agad. "That's it, I'll inform your boss that you're not doing your job," pagbabanta niya.

Tinuro ko ang office ni Mr. Esqueza. "Then tell him!"

Napatalon kami pareho nang iluwa ng pintuan si Mr. Esqueza. His assistant stepped back ready to explain.

"Is there a problem here?" seryosong tanong ni Mr. Esqueza.

"Sir, she's forcing me to inform you that she needs to talk to you. I already reminded her you still have meetings to attend and wait until your schedule frees up---"

"Cancel all of it," he shut her off, eyeing me. "Until we're not finish discussing. Shall we?"

Halos hindi na maipinta ang mukha ng assistant ni Mr. Esqueza. I followed him inside of his office. I was mesmerized how breathtaking the view was. His office was alot bigger than I thought, may glass door sa left side for his private meeting and on the other side was a black door, I assumed it was the toilet.

He pointed the chair infront of his desk and sat on his swivel chair, hands entwined.

"Do we have a problem, Ms. Villafuente?" he asked calmly, as if he knew why I'm here.

Umiinit ang dugo ko watching how serened he was. As if he calculated this things to happened. Hindi ako umupo, I stood infront of him and threw his black suit on his face. He was shocked and mouth fell open.

"You planned this, tama ba ako?" I still tried to control my voice not to tremble. "You didn't look surprise at all, alam mo iyong address ko sa bahay and you're just acting like you don't know a thing about me when in reality, you've searched about me and my family!"

He gathered himself and sat back on his swivel chair. "Meeting you the first time on that elevator and knowing your family's debt, I believe you somehow need my help."

"Help?" Tumawa ako ng mapakla. "Na triplehin ang utang namin? You called that help? How dare you?!"

"Would you rather see your father die while debt free?" He was watching me, calculating my every reactions.

Naguluhan ako sa sinabi niya. "Anong sinasabi mo?"

"Gathering informations about you and your family's debt, my investigator found out that they're already planning to assasinate your father if he won't pay the money he owes them."