Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning on my own tour bus with Bryan curled up on the couch, drooling. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. My dad is such a dork. I got dressed and walked off the bus to meet with Andy and Matty.

"Morning Scar." Andy said as he pulled me into a hug. I heard a low growl and we turned to see Kellin watching us. I rolled my eyes.

"So what's on today's agenda?" I asked.

"Rickey wants Matty and I to work with you and your band on songs that you could sing. If you know any we're open to ideas." Andy said.

"I want you to sing 'Damage' though, you did awesome on that one." Matty added.

"I know a song, but I need someone to sing it with me." I said.

"What song?" Andy asked.

"It's a song i found the day i found out about Kellin, it's called 'Reprobate Romance' by Blacklisted Me." I said.

"I've heard it. It's a good song and it fits, but who will sing it with you?" Matty asked.

"I wanted to ask you two actually." I said.

"I'll gladly do it." Andy said. I hugged him.

"Thank you!" I said. He chuckled as Juliet walked up.

"Somebody's happy." She said.

"Hell yeah I am! We're working on a song line up today." I said.

 "There's a song by Blood on the Dance floor that I think would be good for you." She said

"I was thinking 'Unforgiven' by them, do you have another one in mind?" I asked.

"It's from their album that came out around Halloween." She said.

"Which song? I've heard the album." Matty said.

"The acoustic song, 'Don't Wanna Be Like You'." Juliet said.

"I'll look into it, thanks Juliet." I said. The rest of breakfast went the same way, everyone throwing in song suggestions. Jessie (SWS) finally came up with an idea that I could use to get back at Kellin. I was going to sing one of the Sirens' songs that they aren't singing in their set.

"So this set we're singing Low, Alone, Feel, James Dean and Audrey Hepburn, Do It Now Remember it Later, If You Can't Hang and Tally it Up." Jessie said.

"That gives me a wide enough range of songs to work with." I said.

"How about DFAATH?" Bryan said.

"What?" Andy said in confusion.

"He's talking about 'Don't Fall Asleep At the Helm', and I think that's a brilliant idea!" I said.

"Okay, so we'll have to work on that one on the bus so we can surprise Kellin. I'll tell the rest of the Sirens, minus Kellin, that way they aren't surprised." Jessie said. I saw Kellin walking our way then.

"Quinn, six o'clock." I warned.

"Shit." Andy said.

"Cool it, babe." Juliet said.

"So let's go through the list." Matty said as Kellin got to us.

"Scar, can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of my team." I said.

"Scarlet, It's important." He said.

"It' Miss Spirit to you because last time i checked, you had a life without your soul mate so you have no right to her now. Secondly, I am working with my team to plan my set for the tour and also, Juliet is working on my Band Merch for this tour so please, say what you need to so we can get back to work." I snapped. The guys chuckled and tried to cover it with a cough but that failed.

"Fine, you want to know what I have to say? I want to be with my mate! I want to be able to say that I have the woman destined to be in my arms with me! I want to be able to say she's the mother of my children. I want to be able to look at my mate, point her out to my friends and say 'that is her. That is my mate!' But sadly, I can't because she keeps rejecting me every time she sees me!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not even supposed to have a mate! Filia sum lamia! Reliquarum meo debeo esse solum; Numquam tenens filios in brachiis meis scire gaudium! Damnati fato ego solus esse decernit donec transeat in maledictionem eius in generatione altera!" I snapped back. Kellin looked at Bryan.

"Translation?" He asked. Andy rolled his eyes and translated.

"She said: I am the Princess of Vampires! I am destined to be alone for the remainder of my existence! I am never to know the joy of holding my children in my arms! I am damned to be alone until fate decides to pass her curse on to the next generation!"

"Oh." Was all Kellin said. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"scortillum" I spat.

"Now, now, Scar. Be nice to your rejected mate." Matty joked causing everybody but Kellin to laugh.

"Wait, what did she call me?" Kellin asked.

"We'll put it this way: Another word for prostitute." CC said. Kellin narrowed his eyes and growled.

"I come over here to confess my love and you throw it back in my face. Some mate." Kellin spat. I batted my lashes and stood up to my full height.

"I may be many things Kellin Bostwick, but don't you ever imply that I am a malum coeunt. Were I a normal vampire and not a princess, I'd consider accepting you. But you just destroyed any chance you may have had." I said as tears filled my ees. I blinked them back and ran to the private beach reserved for the warped rehearsals. I ran up to the cliffs and collapsed a few feet from the edge. I let my tears fall then.  I curled up into a ball and cried. After all my tears had fallen and I'd gotten the will to move again, I'd sat down on the edge of the cliff and watched the sunset. I'd been here all day with nothing to eat or drink, just crying my eyes out. A figure sat down next to me and rested a hand on my back.

"You okay little girl?" Rickey asked. I shook my head and then rested it on his shoulder.

"No. I'm not Rickey. I wish I'd never met him." I said.

"I know, but maybe you met him for a reason." He suggested.

"To fuck with my head maybe? I made my decision and it's final Rickey." I said.

"I know, but maybe you could be friends with him.It'll only hurt you not being part of each others' lives in some friendly manner will kill you both." He said.

"It's better for him not to be close to me. I'm not putting him, Kate and Cope in danger." I said.

"Think about it Scar, I see the pain in your eyes this is causing you. Why would you do this to yourself?" 

"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing." I said. As I stood up, my foot slid off the edge of the cliff and I fell towards the ocean. The last thing I heard before I hit the water was my name being shouted many times. As I slowly sank beneth the waves, I began to black out. The last thing I saw were the startaling familiar blue eyes of Kellin.