Chapter 2. The Investigation

Weeks past, months past for my mothers suicide "what's taking so long? Arin't they suppose to be asking family friends  or family members?" I asked Ben sitting on the couch "I believe so, I don't know, I'm not a cop Serena" says Ben sassy "don't sass me dear" I said when a knock was coming from the door "hello? Ms.  Grayson?" says the cop "yes?" I said, The cop has hazel eyes, long dark brown hair, and slightly shaven beard/mustache "deputy Patrick, but call me Pat" he says smiling "pleasure" I said "what is this about?" I added "I want to ask you some questions, About your mother" says deputy Pat "okay" I said letting him in "what  happen on the night of your mothers disappearance?" he says  "well, she was drunk as all belief" I said  trying not to swear in front of a cop.

"Does she drink often" Says Deputy Pat "after she left my father, when i was a child" I explained. He took note of that, Obviously. "Did your mother and father... Ever fought it  out like fist to fist?" asked the Deputy "not that i know of, i was in my room hearing it all go down" I said remembering the times i spent in my room writing... "And what would you do in your room?" he asked me "I have this journal, i write everything in there" I said handing my pink journal "may i take this to the office?" he asked me "uhhhh not the hole thing, i need it in my sight" I said "I can make copies" I added going into the den "make yourself at home! It might be a while" I smiled polity "do you need anything?" I asked "coffee would be nice" Says Deputy Pat "I will put that on right now!"  I said despairing into the kitchen.

Coffee was brewing I heard mumbling coming from the living room, he was asking questions to Ben about my mother as well "what was your first impressions about Mrs.Grayson?" he asked. "Well, i thought she was a nice woman, until i heard screams from the other side of the front door" says Ben looking nervous. I walked to the den to make copies of some pages that could help the police. Deputy Pat came in asked if the coffee is done "It should be, ask Ben to take it off" I said glued to the printer avoiding eye contact. "thanks Serena" he says walking out. not going to lie, he is a pretty hot deputy. "Serena? It's done! Want some?" asked Ben "please!" I said its like 10:00am I haven't slept in weeks... cause of this shit "here honey" he says walking in "thanks" I said kissing him "Hows the coping doing?" he asked putting a hand around my waist "good, trying to read everything trying to see if this will help" I said scoffing "well can I help?" he asked "yeah! thanks" i said looking at him "you're welcome" He says kissing me "Serena, may I take the copies that you have?" asked Deputy Pat "sure! You can swing back here and take the rest" I said handing him the papers "of course, here's my number if you have any other things to tell me" he says looking straight in my eyes "i will" I said.

~Later that day~

I look at Ben "what now?" i said  "we can kick it with the band, like good old times" He says "I like that idea" I said going up stairs to change "don't do anything stupid" I joke "yeah, yeah, yeah" says Ben going to make himself a snack "I will be quick" I said starting the shower "you say that everytime" says Ben "I know, but i will be quick this time" I said laughing. Ben rolls his eyes.

I take out cloths "Ugh, mom why did you leave me so soon? I wanted to help you, you didn't have to leave me" I said stripping down letting the water trickle down my back. I didn't want you to go, i love you and i know you loved me, why? I thought washing my hair and shaving. I turned off the water and getting dressed when i heard the door "BABE! CAN YOU GET THAT?" I yelled "ONE STEP AHEAD!" he yells back "Deputy, pleasure to see you again" I said still in my towel  "sorry, did i come at the wrong time?" he asked "Kinda, but i'm almost ready" I said dissappering in the bathroom once again putting on makeup and got dressed "sorry,  about that" I said blushing, "I'm not like that on a daily" i added "its true" says Ben conferming it. "I have the coppies for you" I said smiling blushing slightly "It's not the best writing cause i was crying in some" I added "thank you, and i have some news to tell you" Says Deputy Pat. I look at him concerned "what is it?" I said "It wasn't a suicide attempt, it was actually a murder" Deputy Pat says tearing up. I look at him crying "what?" I said "I'm so deeply sorry, Serena" he says hugging me "I can't belive someone would kill my mother" I said.