Chapter 8: Romeo

***Westly***

We decided, and by we I mean Kiven and Penni, that I stay up in the loft today. Because they don’t want any trouble with the Hillis’. I mean I can understand that.

Sort of.

I wake up around eleven, and I could hear Penni below. I stretch and groan. Why does she have to know them? It makes everything more complicated.

I slowly make my way to the kitchen, and get a glass of water. I see the Kiven has left me more clothes. Though I just wish I knew where my suitcase was, so I didn’t have to wear Kiven’s clothes. I mean they were three sizes to long, and a little bit wider. I look at the clock and notice that it's time for lunch.

I start making lunch for Penni and I. Which makes me think about last night. I’m really glad she only heard the last half of the conversation, and if that means that she has something to tease me about, so be it. But I mean seriously, I’m not a mamma’s boy.

I call Penni up to eat.

“How did you sleep?” she ask as she sits down. I shrug. “Didn’t sleep bad, and I didn’t have a dream.” she giggles. “I had a dream.” she says. I rays my eyebrow, and sit down to eat. “It was about a girl who was a long forgotten princess. She had special powers to heal people.” I laugh. “What?” I shake my head. “Nothing.” she pouts and eats. “How long have I been here?” I ask. Penni pauses and thinks for a moment. “I think, about three weeks, why?” she asks. I shrug. “Ok, you got to stop doing that!” she says and points her fork at me. I laugh.

After lunch, Penni changed my bandages, and the whole time Romeo was staring daggers at me. “What’s the deal with your cat?” I ask, and try to pet him. He turns his head away, and I swear he huffed! “I found him, when I was in college. He was in a cardboard box, and it was raining.” She finishes with me and picks Romeo up. “I couldn’t leave him, plus I always wanted a black cat.” she smiles and rubs her cheek with his cheek.

Damn, cat.

“Well anyway, I got to get back to the shop, thanks for lunch.” she says, and takes the dishes to the sink. “Have a good rest of the day, cat lady.” I tease. She smiles a sweet smile. “Thanks, mamma’s boy!” She says and leaves.

“I’m not a mamma’s boy!”