Prologue

In the small town of Bellfast, the four Hillis boys are the town renegades. Rebels, if you will.

Ninety-three years ago they were bootleggers, today they sell Mary Jane. They’re the ones with the family history that is such a tear jerker and devistatingly good looks, that it gets them a free ride through high school. The ones who, whenever there's a party, they don't get an invitation. They just show up.

The oldest, at age twenty-six, is Marcus. He’s the one that got the free-ride football scholarship, the one who has been to and from Afghanistan, the one without a single story to tell. Well in fact he doesn’t talk much at all. Afghan left him bent and twisted, but stronger.

The second is the sweet one that all the girls wanted for a husband. At twenty-four, James has a lovely wife, and a bouncing baby boy.

Ryan, the third Hillis, is a notorious playboy. Once in high school he boasted abut having a girl for everyday of the week; at age twenty-one, his view on the world it that it is one big party.

The fourth, and final, Hillis was Luke. With three older brothers, he was often compared to Marcus’ athleticism, James’ sweet temperament, or even Ryan‘s silver tongue. Not many noticed his bright mind. He just wanted to go to a place where no one knew his past, or his brothers. So when he turned eighteen, he left his small southern town for the big city. Where the stores never closed, not even on Sunday. He got a new job, new home, and a new future.