Hunt me down

"Your playing a deadly game of hide and seek, you know that?If  you lose, your either dead or alive. If you win, you get to keep on running...and we'll hunt you down over and over again...until we catch you."-The Hunter

Hide_and seek : I admit this is my first story I've ever written and I'm going to ask if you guys to cut me some slack...But the suspense in this story is real...the choices that the main charater make, are the choices that any scared 16-year-old girl would choose. 

***************************************************************************

Prologue:

The helicopters roamed above me, circling the rooftop where I stood alone. My hair whipped in the wind, the helicopters echoing roar caused me to shiver. My lips puckered into a sour smile as my thoughts were filled with beautiful memories...before any of this happened. In one sweaty palm I clutched the Recorder, and in the other I held my dearest mother's necklace; there last tracker. I don't know how all of this started, I don't even know why there chasing me. All I know is, I can't let them catch me. Too many lives at stake.

A rope attached to the rim of one of the helicopters fell from above, and a figure dressed in black slid down in one smooth move. In one silent breath, The figure landed gracefully on his feet just a few feet away from where I stood. Then the rope was retracted above, leaving the cloaked figure and I all alone. Now, that I could see him from up-close, confidence drained from my body and the Pitt of my stomach swirled at the sight of him. I brought up to my chest to steady my heart beat, and forced my body to stop shivering and steadied myself to stand up straight.

I could feel the cloaked figure eyes watching me very carefully, which caused the fine hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. I couldn't turn to look at him...I was too frightened to even turn his way. I prayed once in my miserable life to have enough courage to face this nightmare without letting them see right through me. I had to face this, I wasn't a coward, now or never. I hadn't gone to many distance's to runaway from them, but now I know...I must stay and fight. I had made it this far, without getting caught and I'm not about to give up now.

I turned around before I could change my mind, My heart thumped wildly as my eyes fell upon the stranger leaning against the edge of the building, in a causual manner. He just seemed so calm while I was burning inside. His hat was tiltled over his eyes, covering the upper half of his face, but the bottom half of his face was sharp...and it scared me. He didn't say anything, he just stood there with his hands in his long coat, his hidden eyes watched my every move. His mysterous manner, and silent mercy scared me even more than before. I didn't know what I was going up against...but I had to play it cool. I expected him to chuckle at my dis-trust, but nothing...just an emotionless sly smile.

"Is this what you want?" I started the conversation;breaking the barrier, determined to show him that his silence didn't affect me, and pulled out the recorder, fliped it in the air and caught it. "Is this what you've been chasing me all along for?"

Silence followed in response, I sneaked a glance at him pleased to see the smile gone. This must be very important to them or they wouldn't have let me live this long.  I expected for the cloaked figure to run across the rooftop and snatch it out of my hand, but instead he just pushed away from the edge and stood perfectly composed.

To be honest, I was done playing this game...I just wanted it to end so I could go back to living my normal life. Like any 16-year-old average should.

"Well here, take it!" I screamed, tears were threatinig to pour into a waterfall. "I don't want it, I never did!" I smashed the recorder on the ground, threw the file over the edge of the roof and watched the papers flutter away in the breeze. Then I let out all the profanites I've been wanting to scream at my stalker ever since this stupid chase was on.

"You've taken everything dearest to me, stolen ever last drop of my sense of security, my piece of mind and the love of my life...and now you come to me, and expect me to give it all back!"I cried. "Now, leave me alone!"

The cloaked figure didn't shift an inch at that moment. His lips curled into a wicked and lovely smile all at once. But atlas he took a step closer and thats when I noticed he held a walkie-talkie in his gloved hands.

I heard his terrifying voice...the same deep echo I heard so many times before, speak to me. "I don't understand how you have managed to survive for so long...you're just a girl, any girl in the world...and yet you still stand here today in the heart of the worlds largest advanced cooperation...and still breathing. " A hint of gold glimmered under his hat. "You're everything I wanted you to be.".

 My heart thumped wildly when he reached out to grab me, and all of a sudden I understood what was going on...this chase wasn't because of the file...they were chasing me all along. I jumped into action, and made a break for it...I don't remember ever being so afraid in my life. I don't remeber ever running this fast, jumping over the edge of the roof and glide over to the other buildings rooftop. I glanced back for the last time, and and shouted a challenge.

"Catch me if you can!"

Right before I ran any further, I heard him say the 3 words I have dreaded since this game was played into. He shouted orders into the walkie-talkie, "Hunt her down, bring her back to me dead or alive!"

**************************************************************************************************************

This was just the teaser and a mini scence from the story...but I garrentee you won't want to miss the real thing :)