Chapter 10: Make It Official

No one moved or said a word, we just stared back and forth at each other for a good few minutes until I stood up and pulled Jungkook into the room.

"What are you doing?" I ran my hands through my hair and tried to calm down.

"I could ask you the same thing! I came to get the flash drive with some songs on it. Now you, on the other hand, have some explaining to do." He crossed his arms and shook his head down at me, still having a small smile on his face. "What about Tae?"

"We aren't dating." I tried to justify my actions but I was just making excuses. I felt like an awful person and the guilt was already settling in my stomach.

"You know how he feels, Minnie. I'm not gonna tell him, even though I know I should. It isn't my place to though." Jungkook put his hand on my shoulder as he spoke firmly down to me.

I didn't know how I felt, about Jihoon or Taehyung. I knew they both were important to me and I loved them but the romantic side to things confused me and I was inexperienced in all of this.  Taehyung makes me feel so loved and whole, while Jihoon feels like home. Speaking of Jihoon, he was sitting on the couch with his elbows on his knees and staring at the wall behind us. I know he can hear what we were saying but he kept quiet.

"Just do what you think is right." He squeezed my shoulder one last time and left the room.

"You should be with him, Min." Jihoon's voice sounded emotionless and distant and it scared me.

"What are you saying?"

"You heard me. Do you honestly think something would come of this? This was a one time thing. A mistake. Can you even understand the trouble we could get in if Jungkook or you tell someone you shouldn't? Think of someone other than yourself!" His words cut through me and stung in the worst way possible. The thing that hurt the most was that he was right. I turned on my heel and left the room without even looking back. I passed through the rooms and scanned over the members until I found the one I was looking for. The friend I knew that would listen to me and give the most honest advice he could.

"Jisoo, can we talk?" He looked up from his comic book and nodded his head.

"Here? Or?" He swung his legs off the bed and pat the spot next to him. I shook my head no and remained standing.

"I need some fresh air." He nodded understandingly and grabbed his jacket from the dresser and led me out of the dorm and onto the street. We ended up walking silently to a cafe and sat in a corner with our drinks.

"I kissed Jihoon." Jisoo almost spit out his coffee as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"I thought it would happen but I didn't know it would soon. Did you two talk?" He sat his cup down lightly and folded his hands on the table.

"Nope, not really. I mean, he said he wanted to kiss me and I kind of just initiated it. And then Jungkook walked in a saw and brought up Tae and Jihoon got upset and said some rude things as usual and I don't know what to do Jisoo!" I took a deep breath after speaking and dropped my head to the table.

"How do you feel about Taehyung?" I paused after his sentence, not knowing how to put it into words.

"Tae makes me feel happy and light. He gives me butterflies but at the same time makes me feel calm. He always knows how to make me laugh and cheer me up."

"How does Jihoon make you feel?"

"He's been my best friend for so long and has always been there for me no matter what. He knows me better than anyone. While Taehyung is like sunshine and a meadow, Jihoon is like a warm fire and hot chocolate in the winter."

"Well I think that-" his sentence was cut off by his phone ringing. He mumbled a few replies and stood up to leave. "We have to go to the dorm. The manager is there."

The whole walk I was wondering why he was there. Did Jungkook tell someone about what he saw? My anxiety rose with each step I took with Jisoo down the street. We opened the door to see all the members sitting and looking up at the two managers from our groups. We joined them on a free space on the floor and stared up in anticipation.

"As you probably have seen, there have been headlines and rumors going around of Taehyung and Minnie's 'relationship'. We have come to the conclusion that it would be in the best interest of each group if you two were to come out and make if official." My manager looked down at all of us a spoke with a smile, not aware of how I felt about lying and dating Tae just for publicity.

"I don't want to force her to date me. It doesn't seem right." Taehyung spoke up with a soft but desperate tone.

"Now, it won't be anything serious. Just go out together and act friendly enough that it seems you really are in love. Off camera you can go back to friends, but other than that you will put on a good act. It won't be forever, give it a few months and everyone will forget about it." The Bangtan manager tried to persuade us in a more light and friendly tone, but I knew by their looks and wording that this wasn't a request.

"We will release statements tonight and tomorrow you two will go out on a date. We don't particularly care where just so long as you are together and smiling. Now, Seventeen, get off to practice and work hard." We were dismissed to go to the practice room but dancing was the last thing on my mind right now.

______________

"I am not wearing that!" I pointed in disgust to the outfit the stylist had brought up this morning for my 'date' with Tae. She was holding a khaki pleated skirt with little hearts on it and a blue cardigan with a lace collar to match. White thigh highs and light brown oxfords at on the bed beside a light brown purse with lace. "When have I ever worn something like this?"

"It's a date so you have to be cute. You can't go on your first date in your usual attire of leggings and hoodies." I had already let her do my hair and makeup, my blush subtle and eyeliner smokier than usual and my short hair was lightly waved. She urged the outfit into my hands, "You're going to be late! Now get dressed or I'll be back with people to hold you down and do it myself."

I ruefully put on the outfit, feeling uncomfortable with the way the skirt showed more thigh than I'd like. I put my essentials in the small purse and stalked out of the room into the living room.

"If this is what you're putting me in for the next comeback, I'm just going to go ahead and quit." I announced dramatically and tried to wiggle the skirt down only to have her slap my hands.

"Stop overreacting, you look adorable. Doesn't she?" She grabbed my shoulders and held me in front of her to the rest of my members who were sitting in the living room having a video game competition I so wished I was apart of instead of this.

"You're just like a doll, especially now." Jeonghan walked around me and fixed wrinkles in my outfit.

"My little girl is growing up." Seungcheol wiped his eyes and came to give me a hug while Jin, Minghao, Seungkwan and Wonwoo gave me thumbs ups and hearts.

"You do look really pretty, Minnie Mouse. Just have fun and if you need anything we are only a text away." Vernon went to ruffle my hair only to have the stylist push his hand away and shake her head. The front door opened and Taehyung hopped in like a little kid. His black turtleneck was under his deep grey coat and his dark jeans lead to his black boots. A sucker stick picked from his lips as he smiled down to me.

"You are the cutest thing ever." He cooed and pinched my cheeks. "You want it?" He pulled his sucker from his mouth and handed it to me. I popped the strawberry lollipop into my mouth and led the way out of the dorm, walking away from the yells.

"Be safe!"

"Have fun!"

"No babies!"

And I muttered, "Oh man, kill me now."