Chapter 6

Sarah's POV:

"Now will you do me the favor to have you wrapped up in my arms again?" He smiled, genuinely. A smile that pierced my soul every damn time.

I would be lying if I tell you that it didn't melt my heart. That was enough to melt the ice-cold walls I've built for him ever since he snuck out from my room after he broke up with me.

But how could you forgive someone who left you stranded for 6 months? How could you forgive someone if he ignored you like you've never ever met after you broke up? How could you forgive someone when you can't seem to forget what they've done?

But how could I forget what he had done when even the pain he had caused me is the one that healed my woundedness from his goodbye? How could I forget him when even his saddest goodbye means the sweetest I love you to me?

God Cameron, you messed me up so damn hard.

I try to fought back against my weakness, which is him. I wanted to say something rude but I can't seem to bring myself to throw those filthy words at him because he's just so fucking perfect, with that sweater hugging all the right parts of his body.

Shockingly, I went to the other side of the bed and sat on it. I looked down on the sheets, caressing the pale white colored duvet. He shifted up, with his left elbow supporting half his weight, and his other hand reached to tilt my chin. His thumb caressed my cheek and his eyes intensely bore into mine.

His adam's apple was moving up and down. "Don't think, princess. Just stay with me tonight." He says, ever so sweetly. He patted the space beside him.

Not breaking eye contact, I obeyed and lay down beside him. He lies down too and turns sideways, facing me. A little of my hair was covering my face. I thank God for that because it avoided Cameron to see a tomato-faced Sarah. But then in a sec, he tucked those strands of hair and caressed my cheeks. I bit my lip, nervous.

"Cam, why are you doing this?" I asked out of nowhere. He can't see it, but I'm trembling, deep down.

He let out a light chuckle. "I can't believe I still have this effect on you." He moved a bit closer to me, so our faces just inches apart. "I'm not taking any advantage, cupcake. It's just that I feel ecstatic knowing I have a certain effect on you. And although I did my best to ignore you, you have this effect on me, too. Like a magnet, you seem to be my opposite pole and it's inevitable not to get attracted to you."

"Yeah Cam, you really did your best to ignore me." I snorted whilst rolling my eyes at him. I turned my back from him, but his strong muscular arms stopped me so. He hugged me tightly and with a bit of force, he pulled me closer to him, really close that I could feel his breath against my neck. Really close, that I could feel his heartbeat beating fast. I can feel goosebumps crawling against my skin. The feeling is so foreign yet I know this is where I belong.

"I never wanted to lose you. I never wanted to break up with you." Breaking the silence, Cameron whispered against my neck. His hands tighten around my waist. "But I needed to do it. I don't know why you kept on ignoring it but I know that you know how screwed up I was. Every night, I got high. I drank, and smoke. And worst, I ignored you. I took you for granted and it was all because of it. I know I should've not allowed the situation my family is having right now but.." By this time, Cameron was sobbing.

I shifted and turned to face him. I cupped his cheeks, and used my thumb to wipe the tears that fell on his cheek. "I love you with every piece of my damn broken self, Sarah. And I am willing to mend it all together so that I can love you with all of me." He continued.

I was utterly speechless. Tears started to swell from my eyes. My lips trembled, a sob attempting to escape from my lip. These are the words I've longed to hear. The words I know would heal every shattered part of me. I didn't think anymore. My heart, my mind and my soul believed that what he said is true. And without further a do, with my eyelids closed, I pressed my lips into his, in which he happily responded by kissing back. He moved his right hand upward towards the nape of my neck and gently caressed it. I bit his lower lip, and he let out a groan. I placed my hands on his hair and stroke the strands quite forcefully. All the numbness my body felt after that fateful day, gone. All the blissful feelings came rushing in. The bittersweet memories kept on replaying on my mind.

I broke the kiss for I was in dire need of air. Cameron let out a frustrated groan and I chuckle at his reaction. "God, I missed that!" He exclaimed. Our foreheads touching and both of my hands cling at the nape of his neck.

I was more red than a tomato. I bit my lip and replied, "It was good, I guess?"

"Not just good but the best I had since..." He trailed off.

"Since you and Tanya broke up a month ago?" I wiggledy eyebrows playfully.

"No," He replied defensively. "And who in the first place invented that I dated Tanya?"

"You know, Cam, our campus isn't that big for gossips not to spread around." I stated.

"Whatever, but to end that statement, cupcake, it was the best I ever had since we broke up." Cameron smirked. He tilted my chin so that we're eye to eye, "You may have not been informed but after we broke up, I tried to tie up all my lose ends. I picked up all my shit together, which meant I went to some parties casually yet I did not drink nor smoke not even had any girls. But most importantly, I waited for this very day to come to tell you that you can call me home now. And I'll never leave you hanging, never ever again." A cheeky grin left his mouth and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

Home. That word seems like what I've been needing for all these years.

"Home? I would love that." I replied, a smile curving on my lips. But something inside me felt uneasy, I bit my tongue unsure of what is this I'm feeling. And then I thought, this is all just too good to be true.