Finding Wingade

I'm so excited to start this one! I won't upload this untill a good amount has been added to People Like Me but enjoy this and imagine what might be coming!!

Prologue

SMACK!

There’s an unbearable heat on my left cheek. I didn’t understand at first but my bestfriend, for 11 years, Anna had just slapped me.

“You piece of scum, get up.”

I’m whimpering and scrunching up in case she comes to do more damage.

“GET UP.”

I sit up but scuttle to the other side of the room. No use, she’s coming over…

CRACK!

She just kicked me in the upper midsection. I think She broke one of my ribs. It’s actually quite pleasant. It feels like I’m on Novocain. I can feel the drowsiness come over me. Anything is better than being here with her, my nightmare of a best friend.

I look down in time to see the blood all over the floor. Hmm! That looks pretty! I can feel myself smiling.

“Carry! Oh my god, Carry?!” I can vaguely hear her but I know she’s screaming.

I feel bad for her. I smile, “Why are you screaming, best friend?”

She runs out of the room. I start to worry but relax. As long as she’s gone then what do I have to worry about.. hehe..

She’s back with an Ace bandage, water, a cloth, and medical tape. She washs the spot and then bandage me up. I know I’m okay because she’s taken classes for this stuff.

She puts my head in her lap and strokes my long, curly, Irish, brown hair. “Now you won’t talk back to me again will you, Carry?” She asks in a menacing tone.

I curtly nod so she doesn’t get mad again.

 .....Someone must have shut the lights off.

“That’s all I can remember from the first day she abused me, Mrs. Adams. I’m sorry,” I say quietly.

She seems to be unusually white. She fumbles out some words, “Thank you Carry. I'd like some time alone. You may go.”

I get up to leave. 

"Carry?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Why did you let her do it to you?" She asked.

"I had to." I stated and left the room.