The Human of Yokai Academy ⊰KH✧FF⊱

Ch.1<>The Isolated School and a Cat

I sighed as I was on the bus to my new school. It wasn’t that long since I got accepted into Yokai Academy. In fact, it was just yesterday.

<FLASHBACK>

I knew I failed my senior year, and that I’d have to repeat it with the embarrassment of my failure to all my friends, who were graduating. So, when I came home, my mom was jumping around in delight and glee, which was strange, considering I failed.

“Um, mom? Are you okay?” She nodded.

“I’m great, {Name}!” I crossed my arms.

“Um, okay…? May I ask why?” Though I didn’t want to see mom in one of her famous bad moods, I’d like to know why she was so cheerful for a failing grade. It just wasn’t ‘classic mom’. She turned to me.

“Well, you see, on your father’s way home from work, he saw this man walk down the street-” Suddenly, my dad walked in, when hearing the conversation.

“And then, he dropped something, and it was a pamphlet for an academy! So, we signed you up!” My eyes widened.

“You what?! We don’t even know anything about this school! And, if a man was walking down the street and suddenly dropped it, shouldn’t you have, I dunno, told him?!” I said, though I don’t think they heard me after my mom said,

“Isn’t this great, honey? Now you don’t have to see anyone who knows you, and it’ll be a fresh start! You can finish your senior year with no problems!” She said, cheering with my dad.

<OVER>

I sighed at the memory, and wondered about this new academy. I heard my cell phone ring and saw the caller ID flash ‘Yuffie’. I smiled a little and answered, putting the phone slightly away from my ear.

“Hey, Yuffie.” I said, before hearing her scream,

“Hey, cuz!” I smiled a little. Yuffie was my older cousin by two years, and she was definitely my favorite (And only) cousin. She had a tendency of being a bit loud, but, then again, our family has always been the weird type.

“So, Yuffie, what do I owe the privilege?”

“Well, you know that academy you’re going to?” I nodded, even though she couldn’t see it.

“Yeah, what’s up with it?”

“Well, I’ve been gathering some intel about the place, and, get this! It turns out, that-” The signal was cut off as we went through a tunnel.

“Aw, man, and I thought I had great service here…” I muttered, looking at my phone. When we were out of there, the bus stopped and I got up. I sighed, getting my suitcase and putting my backpack over my shoulders.

“New life, here I come…” I muttered, getting off the bus.

“You better be careful, girlie…” I looked up and turned at the bus driver, who only had a large smile.

“Strange things happen here…” He said.

“Wait, what do you m-” He shut the door and drove off before I could ask what he meant. I frowned and sighed. I looked around, seeing that I was on a cliff, overlooking a blue ocean. I looked to see that it wasn’t as sunny, seeming more dark than when I first got on the bus. And, to the side, was a forest with orange trees, that were slightly tilted over each other, to look like a sort of tunnel, gravestones revealed in the light. I frowned, shivering slightly.