Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Do you know who your fighting first?" Devin asked me.

I was sitting on a bench, in the locker room, tying some tennis shoes Alec had given me.

"I think it's the pack doctor. Unless they came up with a worse fighter." I said slightly annoyed.

"The pack doctor?" Devin raised an eyebrow, his expression turned into confusion, then humor. "Wow, they must really think you suck."

I stood up abruptly, causing Devin to lose his balance in surprise. I pulled back my fist and punched him hard in the arm. He tried to move out of the way, but was already off balance, and I was to quick.

"Shut it!"

"Oowww" he said rubbing his arm. "Was that really necessary?"

"You should know more then anyone to not tick me off."

I sent him a warning glare. I stood right in front of him, standing tall and trying to look intimidating. I was definitely passing the boundaries of personal space. I poked a finger at his chest. Any person seeing me threatening Devin, a guy much bigger then me, would think I was crazy. But to be completely honest, in our relationship, Devin was more afraid of me then I was of him. And for good reasons, He had seen all of my fights. As for my reason for not being afraid of him, I knew no matter what, Devin would never hurt me.

I watched a smirk curl up his face. "You look hot when you're angry princess."

I made an exasperated sound and turned away. "You're impossible."

Footsteps sounded through the hall and in walked Alec and Jason. Thank God they hadn't walked in just a few seconds ago.

"Ready?" Jason asked.

"Yup, good to go."

I glanced over at Alec and saw he was glaring at Devin. Surprise.

He then looked my way, his face lighted up and he sent me a half smile.

"Nervous?" He asked me.

"Nope, not at all." They would need to give me tougher opponents if I was going to be nervous.

I walked towards the exit and they all followed me out.

"Your fighting Fred first." Jason told me.

"If you need a break or don't want to fight anymore just say so." Alec said with worried eyes.

"Ha. Yeah right. I don't think she will ever get tired of fighting." Devin added.

"I agree." I then looked at Alec, "I'm gonna be fine." I said in a condescending tone.

"You better be." Jason was the only one that laughed. "You have an over protective alpha on your hands, Chloe."

"Yeah, I know."

We had already arrived to the field and there were people standing on the sides, with a big space in the middle. That was where we would fight.

"Good luck, Fern." Devin said before he went off to stand next to Brent. I didn't need luck.

"Are you sure-" Alec began.

"I'M FINE. Just go stand with Brent and Devin. See you when I'm done."

I cut him off. Before he could continue I walked forward with Jason.

I can't believe I had just ordered an alpha around. But, he didn't seem like one when I was talking to him sometimes, unless he wanted me to feel the power he had over others, he just seemed like a normal person to talk to, to me. You know, besides that he's a werewolf and I have a really strong attraction to him. Like, more then should exist.