Sibling Rivalry

I had returned home with Callum, Alexandria and Timor only a few minutes after I had confessed my feelings towards Lucifer. The night was slowly creeping in and I was ready for another sleepless one.

I wanted to find Alice alive and well, waiting for me with a smile. I didn't. All I found was her lifeless corpse laying where I had left her. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I would have to move her body. I opened my eyes to see Callum studying her, as if she was an exhibit at a museum.

"Leave her." Callum looked up at me and nodded, moving away from her as I picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs, to my mother's room. I placed Alice's body onto mother's bed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked so peaceful, so out of place in my life. I sniffed back tears and left the room, closing the door behind me. I went to the top of the stairs and sat down. I sighed. Over the past two weeks, I had just accepted everything that happened to me, no major questions, just acceptance. I have no idea why I did, I just figured that my life couldn't get any more screwed up that it already was.

I began to remember happier times, when it was just me, Lilith, Mother and Father. I remembered the day that mother and father bought Lilith home.

"Come now, Clark, your mother has something special for you." Grandma Mae took my hand and guided me to the living room. I had an idea what mother had for me but it wasn't very clear. All I knew was that mother had gone to the hospital the week before.

I went into the room and saw mother smiling and holding a tiny bundle in her arms. The bundle was writhing and making small noises which made me a little scared. I didn't know what it was, but it sounded like a dying cat. Father beamed at me and gestured for me to come over. I let go of Grandma's hand and trotted over to him. I clutched at his shirt and hid behind him, not wanting to get attacked by this mewling creature. He chuckled and stroked my hair.

"It's okay Clark, it's just a baby." Mother spoke soothingly and quietly, like she always did when I was scared. I knew what babies were. They were little humans that came out of girls in a really disgusting way. I pulled a face and wrinkled my nose. Mother laughed and looked back down at the baby. It started to gurgle, sounding even more like a dying cat. I shook my head and buried my face into father's body. I didn't want to look at this noisy little human, even if it was mother's.

Father chuckled again and gently pushed me towards the chair mother was sat in. I resisted as good as I dared but it didn't work. I was stood next to mother and the baby within seconds. Mother smiled at me.

"Clark, meet your baby sister." I shuffled closer as my curiosity got the better of me. "Her name is Lilith." I got as close as I could handle and studied the chubby face before me. Soft, brown eyes peered back at me. Lilith let out a small giggle and tried to grab at me. I pulled back quickly and shook my head.

"I don't want a baby sister! She'll be so annoying and climbing all over me and spitting up on me and-" Father crouched down so that he was level with me.

"Clark, she's a nice baby, she won't do those things."

"Lies."

Grandma Mae heard me and cleared her throat. "Amelia, Alfie, don't you think we should leave these two alone to bond? Don't worry, I'll be watching." Mother's face paled and father stood up looking anxious. After a while, mother broke the tension.

"Fine, just as long as you promise not to hurt her." She was staring at me with eyes like ice. I didn't like it so I nodded to get her to stop. "Good boy." I rolled my eyes like I had seen the older kids do. Mother got up and placed Lilith in the crib at the end of the room. That was my crib. Mine. My crib was being used for her.

Mother and father left shortly after and Grandma sat down on the sofa with the television remote in her hand. "Play nice, or I'll set them on you." I rolled my eyes again and turned to my crib. Lilith was laying there, limbs flailing, giggling. I walked over to her and stared down into her eyes. I smiled.

"Hello, Lilith. I'm your big brother, Clark." I flicked my hair from my eyes. It was more of a habit than a need. "I'm going to tell you a story." I dropped my voice into a whisper. "I'm going to tell you about the demons."

I sniffed and realised that I was crying. Again. Damn emotions. I sighed and wiped the tears away. I stood up and went downstairs to find Timor standing over my father and growling.

"Timor, off." He didn't budge. Father was trying to wriggle free but Timor growled even more. I rolled my eyes and went over to them. Father looked at me with a scared look on his face. I grabbed Timor's collar and tried to pull him off but it wasn't working.

"Father, what did you do?" Timor was still snarling and trying to rip my father's throat out. I needed to get him away from my father. "What did you do?"

"Nothing," He flinched as Timor barked and sent frothy saliva onto his face. "Alexandria and the blonde boy left and then the dog attacked me for no bloody reason!" I managed to pull Timor off of my father and drag the creature into the backyard.

"What do you think you're doing? That's my father! You don't attack him, okay? Now, you stay out here until I bring you in." I closed the door on him and locked it. I returned to father to see him staring in the mirror with a smile on his face. His eyes were what stuck me first.

They were completely black.