۶

Zayn was scared.

He didn't want trouble. Not on his first day of school. In fact, not at all.

He had been sitting in the library when he realised that he was going to be late for lunch. He had promised Harry, that he'd meet him for lunch. Actually, that was one of the terms he had to agree to so that he could join the school. Zayn's sure if it was up to his mother and brother they would've kept him home for his entire life. So, when he told them that he was ready to go to school their terms and conditions were not much of a surprise for him. Although, that didn't mean it wasn't annoying. He had to agree that he would meet Harry every day for lunch and eat whatever the older lad gave him. Also, Harry'd pick him up every day at the end of school and they'd walk back together to the car. Also, If he felt scared, sick or remotely uncomfortable, he was to find Harry or the school nurse. Now, Zayn knows most of these are childish and almost irrational but he really wanted to get out of the house and he wasn't going to argue about it with his family. It was not like he stood a chance anyway.

So, he was heading towards the cafeteria when he kind of got lost. He was extremely annoyed at all the maze-like paths and at himself for not remembering where he came from. He was just about ready to give up and call Harry when he heard it.

There were two people in the janitors closet.

" But this isn't enough Florence! I need more of it!" The heavier voice had said. Zayn got closer to the door, still careful enough to stay at a safe distance.

"No, you pay,You get the coke! You don't, you choke!" It was most definitely a girl. Zayn frowned trying to decipher what the two were talking about.

" I know who you are! I'll tell the entire school!" The man threatened.

" Yeah and maybe I'll tell the principal about it how there is a drug addict on the loose, and who exactly the drug addict is. Now, you and I both know who he's gonna believe. So, keep your mouth shut, scumbag!" Zayn flinched as he heard the shrill laugh. Unfortunately, he knocked the door slightly in the process.

" Who the fuck is there?" He felt his blood run cold and all of a sudden he was running. Running at full speed, away from the harms of danger. He heard the door open behind him and his heart stopped for a second. He didn't look back, he kept on running. His legs were killing him and his lungs were about to collapse but still he kept on running.

He was so scared that he didn't even realise when he crashed into another person.

" Hey!" He focused his eyes on looking at those cerulean eyes. Louis had an annoyed expression on his face. He had his arms around Zayn and that was the only thing that kept the younger lad from falling. Zayn felt his already fast heart beat pick up its pace. He was petrified that those horrible people were still after him. He clawed at Louis' arm and turned to look at his chasers. Once,he realised that there was no one behind him, he let out a breath he hadn't realised he was been holding.

" What happened?" Zayn looked back at Louis. The feathery-brown haired lad was looking behind him,a huge frown plastered to his forehead.

Zayn felt himself shrink to the floor, his heart rate was still a little too high.

" Hey! Zayn,are you okay?" He breathed out heavily, as he heard the concern thickening in Louis' voice. He passed a hand through his hair and cradled his cast.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He nodded at his own words.

"No, you are clearly not! What happened? Was somebody giving you trouble?" Louis leant down beside him. Zayn didn't know if it was the blue in those eyes or the concern in his voice but he just wanted to tell Louis what had happened. So, he did.