Chapter 5

~Chapter 5~

(Pravus POV)

    ‘This is illegal! He’s only sixteen! What’s wrong with you people!’ is what I wanted to scream out, but that hauntingly sad, desperately pleading look Vikas sent my way kept me silent as they dragged me into what looked like a giant garbage chute. One by one my pack and I were dropped down the chute. When I finally hit something soft and opened my eyes. I landed on trudge. I quickly scrambled off my life-long friend, which strangely I thought nothing about. The only thing on my mind was ‘VIKAS’. I heard some talking around the corner.

    “Look Papa, look!” a young pup yelled out sounding hopeful. Still, out of instincts I crouched in a fighting stance and growled.

    “It’s alive?!” An older dog whispered incredulously, and somewhat … happy? However, I learned to trust no one. I heard a fast click and a sharp pain on my shoulder. I yelped and the world got shinny and I fell over.

•   

(Vikas POV)

    “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Was all I could say as I was dragged back to my pen on my back. My newly ripped back. I coughed up blood as they threw me back into the pen my head hitting the wall. I blacked out.

•   

(Pravus POV)

    As I woke up I noticed quite a few things.

1.    I was on a soft bed.

2.    People were around me.

3.    One was a little girl pup.

4.    The other was an older dog.

5.    I don’t know who they are.

6.    They could help Vikas!

They poked me and I continued to look at them with my eyes masked. Then they poked my neck, where the bruise Vikas gave me from biting was, and I yelped.

    ‘I wonder’

    “Hey, can you understand me?” I asked slowly, they nodded. “Awesome! Okay, so, you gotta help me!” I yelled out quickly “do you know where I came from?”

    “Wolf fights is what we suspect but with your lack of scars-“

    “Yeah, no need to get technical; anyway, that’s where I need your help. Do you know Vikas?”

    “Not sure, but here are some pictures of those particular inmates… ahh, yes, here these should be them…” He said while digging through a filing cabinet and handing me a manila folder. I sifted through the photos and found one of Vikas. His photo was gruesome! Blood was dripping from his chin and teeth, he didn’t have as many scars, but the ones he did were giant gashes, which were bleeding.

HARD!

    “This is him. This is Vikas.” I told him while handing the photo to the little girl. She gasped and pushed the photo towards the older man.

    “Are you talking about the death row? The one, single wolf responsible for over 50% on this side of the wolf fighting population?”

    “That doesn’t sound like him, and in the picture he must be younger because he has way more scars than that. And he helped me escape the arena. Plus, he’s only sixteen. How could he kill 50% of the wolf fighting population?” I felt like they were insulting him. Vikas. And for some weird reason, I didn’t like that. I wanted to protect him like he was a little brother or something.

    “He can’t only be sixteen, this photo was taken five years ago, he would have had to been 11 years old.” The little girl snapped at me.

    “He is a cold blooded killer. And I would watch him.” The older dog said calmly.

    “HEY! That is my friend that you’re talking about!” they held up their paws defensively. “Besides, none of you have seen what I’ve seen.”

_______________________________________________________________________________