Chapter Three

Blood was like liquid chocolate. Koa savored the flavor and the euphoric rush. The moment the warmness of it touched her tongue, her eyes closed in bliss. Colors flashed behind her eyelids, and she moaned with delight. She couldn't resist it because it was necessary for her survival.

Blood just happened to be delicious as well. She licked his neck clean with three long strokes, leaving two small puncture holes. She was neat. She wiped her mouth and her canines returned to normal. Her eyelids fluttered in delightful bliss.

"Are you done, Mistress?" Ian spoke to her in an almost timid voice, as if he didn't want her to be finished. He craved more. Koa rolled her eyes and crawled from on top of him. He reached for her and she pushed his arms down by his head.

Koa lowered her tone. "Did I tell you to speak?"

Ian shook his head and she smiled. She enjoyed such dominance. It excited her that such an attractive young man thought of her as a goddess.

"Good boy." She played with his hair and sighed. "I'm sorry, Ian, for being so rude. I didn't mean it."

Ian nodded, still too afraid to speak, lest he disobey his mistress. He had such an innocent face. She wondered how many hearts he had broken with that face. It was odd to think that they were the same age. Sometimes Koa contemplated what a normal life would have been like. College, boyfriends, parties... it seemed like such a foreign idea to her.

She traced his lips. There were many times when she'd almost kissed him, just to remember what a kiss felt like. She trusted Ian, and felt safe, therefore she didn't want to ruin the arrangement they shared. It was far too valuable, for both of them.

She had just drunk a full blood meal, and she still felt a little tired. She hadn't slept the night before, and she had spent the day traveling from Paris to London so that she could meet with her pet.

Ian was beautiful. She almost leaned down for a kiss. His lips were soft under her fingertips. She craved physical satisfaction beyond a meal. Her skin crawled with desire.

Koa snatched her hand back and hopped off of him. She darted to the door and held it open for him. "Run along."

Ian gathered his backpack and ran to the door. He was enamored. She could see it in his eyes. She wondered if he knew just how strong she was. Even though he respected her, chances were, Ian only saw a small girl with a pretty face. He smiled at her as he left the room. He was attractive, but Koa was saving herself for someone else.

Koa didn't make eye contact with Ian. She didn't want to look her meal in the eye at that moment.

Koa sighed. She supposed Ian wasn't just a meal, he was her pet, and he had been so for nearly three years.

Lexi, the keeper of the castle and one of the four leaders of the Wryn clan, came around the corner and stopped before her door. Koa smiled at her. They were both friends and business associates. She was just as small as Koa, but far more advanced in her vampire skills.

At over two hundred years old, Lexi still looked like a woman in her early twenties. She had bouncy brown hair cut just above her shoulders and large dark brown eyes. She wore the tallest heels Koa had ever seen and skimpy dresses.

Lexi watched Ian walk down the hallway and gave Koa a sidelong glance. "When are you going to use that lovely young man for more than his blood?" She smirked.

Koa rolled her eyes but laughed. "He is more like a brother than a lover." She raised an eyebrow. "If he's so 'lovely,' why don't you take him to your bed? You have my permission, but you cannot glamour him. I don't want him confused about who his mistress is." Koa grinned. "I doubt you have a chance with a sweet human like my Ian."