Chapter 2 - Special Guest

It was two weeks since Lily encountered the man. She had calmed down quite a bit since the incident, and carried on happily with life. Knowing that for 14 days she had not hallucinated/hesitated over the thought of his presence, Lily could walk outside, to and from the beach, peacefully.

Tuesday 18th July 2015

Lily headed to the local department store to go for her weekly shop. Gathering all of the items she needed, she now was walking home with her hands straining to hold what seemed like thousands of bags within her grip.

"I'm home!" Yelled Lily as she slammed the front door shut. She entered the kitchen throwing the bags of shopping onto the table, and gasping in relief.

She suddenly heard thumping sounds coming from the stairs and saw Judith running towards her with all her might and grabbed her arm roughly.

"Ouch, what is it Judith?"

"Quickly! We need to get you ready, we have a special guest coming over!" Judith dragged Lily upstairs into her bedroom, Lily nearly falling over as she was running so quickly.

"Who's coming?"

"I can't tell you yet! Just get ready please." And with that as her answer to Lily's question, she ran out of the room to go and get ready for night school.

"I guess I should put on something nice."

Lily wore an orange blouse and plaited grey skirt, she kind of looked like a school girl but more sophisticated than a scruffy school uniform. Now ready for who-knows arrival, Lily trod down the stairs, noticing Judith about to leave.

"Wait, are you leaving me to answer the door?"

"It's okay, it's only Nathan." Judith waved goodbye and before Lily could say anything, she had already left the house to go to school.

Lily took a deep breathe and suddenly realized that she didn't know anyone named Nathan. Now quite hesitant, Lily rushed around the house trying to find her phone, but she never did.

Taking multiple deep breathes, she walked slowly down the stairs, now facing the front door.

"Not this again.." Her legs and eyelids started feeling heavy, and feeling light-headed. She went to go and sit down but could barely make it past the living room. Lily was beginning to get very feverish, sweating and heavily breathing. She had no strength to hold herself up anymore.

"I'm falling.."

A warmth suddenly came into contact with her stomach and was being held up by something. It was relaxing since she felt like she was not going to fall. Just before passing out, Lily realized the warmth was of somebody's arms, wrapping her tightly into a relaxing embrace.

"Lily."

Oh no, it's him. The man who tried to kill Lily. The man who had done something terrible. The man who could not be forgiven.

She passed out.

The man was still wearing a mask, and the same outfit, but a black jacket this time instead of his usual dark red one. He picked her sleeping body up, holding her bridal style. He carried Lily somewhere, it wasn't her normal home. But was still in a bed.

Her sleeping face looked distressed, but rather cute to the man in the mask. He left her on the bed to rest and placed a glass of water beside the bed before heading out of the room, leaving Lily in a dark, gloomy room.