Chapter One - Gun Shot

Lily sat restlessly in her oak wood chair. She stared out of the window, frowning because the heat of the sun was getting on her nerves.

"Dang it, why can't it be mid winter? That's when it's the prettiest here.." She murmured to herself.

She peeped out of the window again, staring at the beach laying peacefully in front of her. Lily decided it might be a good idea to go and take a swim in the ocean, it's only a five minute walk anyway. So off she went into her bedroom to change into her black bikini, which looked fitting for her, since she had a perfect, petite body. Despite the fact her bosoms were very noticeable due to the fact they were much bigger than the rest of her body. Even though her body was practically perfect; she hated every single bit of it. She wished she looked like a model, tall, perfectly shaped legs, and the right bust size. But no, she was stuck with a small body, which looked like two melons had been shoved into her chest.

Lily didn't mind though, it's not like she was trying to impress anyone. She closed her front door and was now heading towards the beach bare foot. Looking rather confident (despite her insecurities) as she walked. As soon as her feet felt the warm, sandy texture beneath her feet, her whole body filled up with relaxation, but eagerness to enter the salty water.

She started to run towards the ocean, and when she came into contact, she immediately felt relaxed and... cold. Lily loved the icy coldness of the water though, it reminded her that at least there's one thing to cool her down. She dismissed that the whole beach was deserted, and enjoyed the quietness of the place for once. It felt like Heaven to Lily, only hearing the quiet ripples of the ocean water and the feeling of her lying on top of it. But just as Lily was starting to get comfortable, a massive SPLASH fell beside her, making the water smother her in droplets of salty water and bits of seaweed. Lily screamed and soon noticed that someone was standing on the beach, no more than 10 meters away from her, holding a gun firmly in his hand. Lily screamed and dunked herself under the water and swam to shore. As soon as she raised her head the person was now spitting length from her tired-out body. He was now with-holding a knife, looking like he was ready to throw it at her.

She dodged the knife and yelped in distress "STOP!"

He now stood silently, staring at her.

This gave her a moment to take in how he looked, he had a devilish mask on, with a red suit and tie. Nothing else was noticeable apart from his ginger-brown, disheveled hair.

"Lily." The man said, it sounded quite deep, but calming at the same time.

She looked up at him in horror, wondering how he knew her name. Lily panicked as she saw the man fading from her sight. She was now alone.

Lily stood up, still processing what just happened. Heart pounding and eyes watering, her limbs feeling tired out. She stood silently, motionlessly for 5 minutes. Until slowly walking back to her house, looking completely emotionless as she did so.

Now she had a shower and had dried her hair, she just finished putting on a plain t-shirt and jeans.

Lily stared out of the window, confused as to why she saw the same man as on the beach earlier, standing between the barrier separating the beach and street, looking at her and only her.

"Lily." She heard a voice call. She gasped and quickly turned around to see that her younger sister, Judith, looking at her with a puzzled/shocked glare on her face.

"Lily, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Then what are you staring at?"

"That man, outside of the window, with the mask on."

"Oh, what, do you like him or something?"

"No way in hell!"

"Then is he a friend?"

Lily knew it would scare Judith if she told her who he really was, and what he had done or attempted to do to her. So she had to lie, to keep her safe from harm.

"Uhh.. Yeah.. A friend I guess.." Lily shivered as she had just referred to him as a friend.

Judith smiled. "See, I knew you liked him, maybe you should invite him around for tea some time?" She skipped off, humming a tune as she did so.

Lily turned back to the window and noticed the man had disappeared, and she finally calmed down as it was the first time since 3 hours ago that he was out of her sight.