The Red Ribbon

There once was a 6th grader named Jake who was well known around school. He had many friends and he was living a normal life with his mom and little brother Jamie.

One day he was in his first period class with his core teacher. It was a typical day. There were open textbooks, learning, secret note passing, and homework assigned ten minutes before class ended.

The principal named Mrs. Wenslock came into the class with an announcement of a new student in the class. The student was a shy looking girl, with a red ribbon dress, red stockings, brown pigtails with ribbons around them and a ribbon around her neck that was in the color of shining Ruby, so bright and pretty. Her name was Scarlet.

"Hey dude, she looks kinda funny eh? Ha ha", whispered Samantha, his friend.

"That's mean Sam, stop it", he replied.

Jake felt that Scarlet just needed a friend to help her on a new start at this school, so he volunteered to take her and show her around a bit.

Soon enough it was lunch time and Jake was on his way to accompany Scarlet for her first day of school.

"Hi, I'm Jake.."

Scarlet just kept quiet and as she did, Jake noticed a white cloth underneath her ribbon and that the red velvet was tied on too tight.

"Don't you think your ribbon's a little tight on your neck?"

"No! Why would you say that? What do you want from me?", she asked.

"Nothing..", Jake said. "But can I just know why you wear it....?"

"When the time comes I will show you."

A few years pass and Jake and Scarlet are in the 10th grade. It was gym class and Scarlet refused to take off her ribbon.

"I'm not taking off my ribbon even if it is against school policy."

"Well either you do or you're getting an F", replied the gym
teacher."

Jake rushed over and asked what was wrong.

"I just don't see why you can't take it off. You've wore it every
single day since I met you."

But Scarlet just replied, "When the time comes I will show you."

Time eventually passed to their college years and Scarlet was having a swim team practice for the first time.

"Scarlet take off your ribbon please", said the swim teacher.

But Scarlet just said no.

The teacher asked her several times but she still refused, so Scarlet jumped into the water and swam.

"See? I won't choke, I'm fine."

"But why won't you take it off?", the teacher asked.

"When the time comes I will show you."

Now it was the day when Scarlet was going to ask for a raise.

"Scarlet, you don't look good in that scarf anymore. You are wearing a green shirt, black skirt and a RED ribbon", said her coworkers. They teased her but she ignored them.

"Why won't you just take it off?"

When the time comes, I will show you.

It was now the day of her marriage and Scarlet wore her ribbon as always, and this time, (to match) a red dress. Her
groom was Jake and she said I do. After the wedding, before she got into the carriage, her brides maids asked her why she's always wearing that ribbon.

"When the time comes I will show you."

Its now in the future where Scarlet has grown old and laying on her bed, with Jake by her side, along with

Her teachers
Her friends
Her classmates
Her co workers
Her bridesmaids
Her husbands relatives and
everyone she ever knew.

And her last words were "The time has come, I will now show you what has been under my ribbon for so long."

She slowly pulled at the ribbon and took it off......and as it
fell..

So did her head.