Chapter Five | Part Two

Talia p.o.v

I stared up at the moon, listening to the waves crash against the shore. I held my knees against my chest. I only came to the Secret Circle when I needed to think. 

The Secret Circle was a isolated spot on the beach that only me and Aniyah knew about. It was shielded off by huge rocks and had beautiful flowers that grew around the edges of the rocks. We discovered this place after some beach party we crashed last year- Aniyah's idea. I was completely drunk and I can't remember if she was drunk or not, but either way she was acting really funny. After we tripped upon this place (literally) we sat here and talked for hours. I forgot what we did after that, but I promise you it was nothing explicit....I would remember that.

"I'm sorry." Someone muttered next to me. I didn't have to turn to see who it was, I already knew. 

"For what?" I asked back, my eyes never leaving the moon. It took her a moment to answer. 

"I don't know, what ever is making you feel this way, I guess," She answered. I knew she meant to be sweet but I honestly wasn't up for it today. 

"Well you don't have to," I snapped, cutting my eyes at her. "It wasn't you who made me feel this way." 

She was sitting in the same position as me. She looked at me, tilting her head to the side. 

"Be a hunnit with me, Talia..." she started, "What's your problem?" I sucked my teeth and then looked back at the moon, refusing to answer her question. If I didn't want, I wasn't going to. As simple as that.  It was silent for a moment. 

She scoffed and then stood up. 

"Welp I'll tell Damion, I tried." She said as she walked back. Part of me wanted to tell her to come back because I had this feeling that this may be the last chance for me. But the other part wanted her to leave because I felt as though she was going to be back tommorrow... or probably in five minutes. Aniyah isn't the type to give up easily. Hell, neither am I.

I could hear her walking back. I stopped myself from smirking. 

She was behind me. She lifted my hair and put something around my neck. 

"I try so hard, so hard to figure you out." Her voice cracked. I could tell she was holding back tears. "I try so hard to make this...us work but it seems like I'm doing this all by myself. Like i'm in this relationship by myself. I wanna help you so badly but you don't let me in...you never do. I don't know what you want me to do. I don't even know how you feel about me anymore. We're not going to work and you know...we both know this. I can't handle this anymore. I can't handle you anymore. I can't handle your trust issues, your lies. I can't handle.....fuck do you even love me? Have you ever felt the way I felt for you, Talia?" She took a breath to keep herself from hyperventilating. Before I could react, she continued. "It's sad to think that that's not the worst part. The worst part is that we both know we wouldn't last long. That even if we tried to make this work, it wouldn't be for long because we both know one of us is gonna do something hella stupid that'll end it all. In the end one of us is going to get hurt. I don't want to let you go....but I know it's now or never....I just wanna thank you for entertaining the thought of us." She stopped, to kiss my temple. I knew she ended her speech short due to all the emotion she was holding in. She was there for another moment and the next she was gone. My eyes were still on the moon as tears overflowed my eyes. I didn't make a sound, as my heart broke into a million and one pieces.

She left me....and what's even more heartbroking is that....she was right. Every word she said was so right. I know she was trying to sugercoat her words, but I knew she blamed me for this. 

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number. She picked up on the fourth ring. She didn't say anything. 

"Say you love me," I begged. She didn't say not one word. "Please, Aniyah, just one more time." 

She laughed heartbrokenly. "I think-" she stopped herself after hearing her voice crack, horribly. "I think that it's too late for that." 

I dropped my phone from my ear. I didn't bother to hang up the call, she could do that. I put my head on my knees and cried even more. 

+++ (Two Days Later-Sunday)+++

"You can't stay locked up here forever, sweetie." My mom said from the doorway. I looked through her as usual. I rolled my eyes. Two days is barely forever. She sighed as she left, leaving the door open. I blinked a couple times as Aniyah's voice rang through my head again. 

'I can't handle this anymore. I can't handle you anymore. I can't handle you trust issues, your lies. I can't handle.....fuck do you even love me?'

"Do you not realize you've been in the same clothes for two days now?" Damion said, as he stepped in my room with a pizza box. "That's nasty as hell." He looked at me. He sighed as he took in my face. He set the pizza down on the end of my bed and walked towards me. He grabbed my face and turned it towards him. He looked at me sternly.

"Stop crying," he ordered. 

Crying? 

I took my face out of his hands and wiped my face, surprised that my face was indeed wet with tears. I looked at my hands in disbelief.

When did I start crying?

"Im sick of seeing you crying." he said as he got comfortable next to me. He pulled the pizza box up and opened it, revealing a half-cheese, half-pepperoni pizza. I let my head drop on his shoulder, my eyes closed shut. 

Why does break-ups always always hurt the most with females? With my last girlfriend, I was depressed for a couple of days but then I met Aniyah and she helped me threw it. With guys, sure I hurt, but not as much. It's like I know that their's plenty of more, especially since I don't have a type for guys. 

I began crying all over again. One of those hard crying too. I dung my face deeper down into his shoulder. With a sigh, he let the pizza drop back into the box, closed the box, pushed it off my bed and turned to wrap his arms around me, comforting me. I felt so vulnerable and lost. 

What the hell am I suppose to do now? 

+++(Two Hours Later)+++

After my stupid crying episode, we both sat in silence eating cold pizza. The only sound in my room was the sound of our chewing and the sound of the TV. Adventure Time was on. It was the episode that explained Marceline and Ice King's friendship. I picked up the remote and instantly changed the channel. That was Aniyah's favorite episode. 

Damion turned to cuss me out but paused as he looked at something. 

"She gave it back?" He asked. I looked at him, confused. 

"What?" He pointed to my neck.

"The necklace." He responded. "She gave it back?" I looked down to see the two half heart necklaces on my chest. One of them had a T and the other said A. She had the one that said T. I put my pizza down and stared ahead, going back into my complete zombie mode. 

She's really letting go of us.