Crashing into You- Chapter 1- What a pretty name...

Hello! So this is the 1st chapter of 'Crashing into you' for the 100 Author challenge and it was made by Bleeding_heart357!

Crashing into you- Chapter 1- What a pretty name...

By: Bleeding_heart357

 11 months later...

Knock. Knock. Knock.

What?” I snapped, glaring at the door. A small and sweet face popped her head in the door and smiled at me. I dropped my glare but stillfrowned.

   “I made you breakfast…” Sisi said quietly, as if she was scared to see my reaction. Sisi was the only one who still tolerated me. I pretty much lived in a black hole filled with grief, guilt, and hate for the world. It’s kinda fun when you think about it. Not.

    “Cool.” I said flatly and Sisi looked hurt. I felt a bit guilty but then pushed the feeling down. It’s better to have no emotions than to feel the pain of them.

     “Are you going to come out and eat?” She asked hopefully, and I saw the worry in her eyes; she knew what my answer was going to be but she was praying she was wrong.

     “No.” I responded immediately and her face was a picture of sadness and pity for the lifeless being I had become.

     “You have to eat something, Evy.” My sister said while staring straight into my eyes and immediately the memories came back.

        “Evy.”

        “Maybe then I should just move out! Get out of your way!” 

        “Maybe you shoul-!” 

      “EVY! MOMMY!

     “WHAT!?!”

 “Twuck”

      I pushed the memories away quickly and glared at my kid sister.  

     “Don’t. Call. Me. Evy.” I said sternly and I could see her flinch under my glare. Once more, the guilt started to rise but I kept it down. Sisi put her head up high suddenly and stared into my glare.

    “Get over yourself, Evy.” She said and I looked at her in surprise before meeting her gaze with a blank stare.

“Breakfast is in the kitchen if you feel like eating.” She said with defeat and walked out, but before she left I saw a small tear escape her eyes.

    Suddenly I heard loud stomping footsteps barging towards my room and immediately knew who was coming. Way to rat me out, Sisi.

    “Eve!” Kyle shouted as he barged into my room with a furious look in his eyes. Only my parents had ever called me Evelyn; to everybody else I was 'Eve.'

     Kyle was our uncle. He was about twenty-four and the only person in our family willing to take in a depressed teenager and a confused six year old. He had short brown hair that was spiked up in the front and piercing green eyes. He told us that he had an on and off relationship with a complete slu- slush puppy. A complete slush puppy. But when they were ‘off’ he was a major player that all the girls fell for.

    “You better get into the kitchen right now and eat the breakfast that your sister spent all morning preparing!" He snarled, looking furious.

      “I’m not hungry.” I said with boredom, and Kyle frowned at me. Before the...incident...Kyle used to be my favourite uncle and we were actually pretty close, but now I didn’t let myself get close to anyone,even though I knew that hurt him deeply.