Prologue

This will contain huge spoilers for the first book. To understand characters and such, read Alpha's Girl first. Trust me, you wanna read it first.

Audrina's pov

"Audrina, hide somewhere. Cover your scent." I nod, getting scared before taking off into the woods. I mask my scent, a trait my mother taught me and gave me. I then sneak back to see what's happening. I watch the scary guy attack mommy. I gasp, covering my mouth.

I watch her battle them, knowing if I get in, I'll mess things up. I sense daddy near and hope he'll make it in time. I tremble in the bush as I watch the scene unfold.

Daddy sees and goes after the man who has his teeth around mommy. I hear a crunch and mommy goes to spazzing, gasping. I felt the tears whelm up as I watch Daddy come back to mommy, holding her as he tries to wake her up.

He then stands and looks for me.

"Audrina!?" His voice cracks out. I don't listen. I just stare at my mom.

"Mommy?" I say, walking out.

"Audrina?" I hear Daddy say. I touch mommy lightly, feeling her grow cold.

"Mommy, wake up. Please, Mommy." I say, pushing mommy. My voice cracks. "Mommy!  Please!" 

"Audrina, Mommy is.. Is... " daddy says softly. I cut him off.

"No! She can't be.  She was gonna teach me to fight! And be a good mate! And show me things! Mommy! Wake up!" I yell, tears running down my face as I cling to her, listening for her heartbeat.

"Get people out here. Carry her to the funeral home. I'll,I'll call and arrange everything." Daddy says as he picks me up to some guards. I grip him, crying into his chest.

"I want her back!" I yell in my head. I feel myself slowly cry myself to exhaustion.

I wake to my brothers yelling about Mommy coming home. I freeze, gripping daddy tightly.

I yell things, not remembering what. My head feels light and I feel sick. I storm off to my room. I knew this was going to happen. I've seen it happen over and over in my dreams. My nightmares. It happened in real life. This isn't a dream. I feel the pain.

I pinch myself to make sure.

I could've stopped it. If I said no to going to the woods. If I told people about my nightmares and told mommy it felt like one.

This wouldn't have happened.

I hear yelling and everything downstairs. Sounds like Grandpa. I hug my stuff wolf Mommy got me when I was 3. I sniffle. She said it looked like her wolf. Pure white. I remember Mommy's wolf from all the times she's taken me into the woods on wolf back. I also remember Daddy's. Pure black.

I hug the wolf close, petting it. Daddy enters my room. He sits on my bed and I apologize for slamming the door. I crawl into his nap, smelling her on him. I fell asleep crying and the scent of both of them.

_____________________________________

I was debating where I should start this book. Before or after Fairy's death and how far after. So if you guys have a suggestion, let me know. If you don't know who Fairy is, ignore this and read Alpha's Girl first.