Chapter 7

A scream woke me up. I tried to sit up, but strong arms held me back. Instincts took over as I tried to get out of the grip, fear coursing through me. I tried to pull myself out, but the person dragged me closer to them.

"What are you doing?" a sleepy voice asked.

I froze and shivers went down my spine. His voice was right in my ear, and I could feel his warm breathe on my skin. "Th-there was a scream. I forgot where I was," I told Damien, who flipped me to face him.

"It's just the other werewolves playing around," he told me, pressing me against his bare chest.

I pushed myself away from him, but his arms stayed around my waist. "I told you I still hate you."

Damien shrugged. "So?"

My eyes narrowed dangerously. "Let go of me."

"Nah, I'm good," he said with a smirk.

"I can make you let go."

"How?" His eyebrow rose questioningly.

"Like this," I whispered in his ear.

Damien shivered, and I smirked at his reaction. I gently pushed him onto his back before straddling his waist, leaning down until our faces were inches apart. Our chests were pressed against each other, and I placed one hand on his cheek. I leaned down and let my breathe hit the side of his neck. "Do you like this, Damien?"

He nodded and closed his eyes. Then they snapped open, and I was suddenly on my back with Damien over me. A smirk was plastered on his face. "Two can play at that game."

My eyes widened as he bent down and placed a kiss on my neck. He continued doing that, and my arms wrapped around his neck. I don't know why; it's like I have no control over my body. I hate him, so why am I letting him do this? I want him to get off of me, but my body won't let me. Damn mates.

Damien's head came up and bent down until our faces were an inch apart. Our eyes met before I snapped out of it. I pushed him off of me and onto the floor. He landed with a 'thump', and I looked over the edge of the bed to see him laying on his back on the floor.

"What the hell, Damien?" I yelled.

"You're the one who started it," he retorted, sitting up.

"I don't care," I snarled. "I'm going for a run."

Damien stood up and blocked the door as I made my way over to it. "Not alone. John could get you, or you could runaway."

I glared at him then smirked. Confusion appeared on his face, but before he could say anything, I was out the window. I shifted midair and landed on all four paws. Looking up, I saw Damien leaning out of the window to glare at me. Smirking as best as I could, I ran off into the woods.

The forest was beautiful. I've always loved nature, except for bugs. Hate the little things. But nature is marvelous in my opinion. One of my favorite things are waterfalls. They're amazing. The sound of the water, the moist air, and swimming! Another thing is the caves that are behind most waterfalls. Cool right? I remember there was a waterfall in my aunt and uncle's territory. I would always go to the cave behind it when I wanted to be alone. It was a cozy place where I could relax with the sound of the waterfall. No one would find me there. I just assumed it was because the water hid my scent trail, and I never found any scents in the cave besides my own, water, rock and dirt.

Running stretched my muscles, feeling good. The sun beat down on my night pelt, but the leaves on the trees gave me cover. I loved the feeling of the forest floor beneath my paws as I ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't care. I just wanted to run.