CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE- AVERY

Ed's hands caught mine and twisted the ring on my right ring finger. I spread out across his lap in my bed, looking up at him behind me. We had been sitting there in silence for a while, him in his fancy dress shirt and me in sweatpants and one of his T-shirts.

“So what now?” I asked, sadness obvious in my voice.

“What?” Ed questioned, still playing with my fingers. I sat up, loosing all of the playfulness I might have had before.

“I really like you, hell, I love you. And I-” He let go of my hand and sat up.

“Wait...” His hands trailed up to my face and landed under my chin. He pecked my lips once, but went back for more, deepening the kiss. Before I knew it, I was pushed down to the bed, exploring Ed once more. “ By the way, I love you.” He put emphasis on the I and you part. I kissed him and allowed my neck to lean to one side as Ed left a trail of kisses around my shoulder.

“Avery?” I heard a voice call from the door.

“Shit!” I pushed Ed off the bed as just in time for Collin to walk into the bedroom part of the suite.

“Anything you want to say, I'm sure I can live without. Bye.” I turned over in the bed, checking on Ed and turning my back to Collin.

“Aves...”

“I told you to stop calling me that. I'm not kidding Collin, I don't want to talk to you.” I felt the bed move a little bit, assuming he sat down. If eye rolling could be heard, it would be seriously loud in here right now.

“I just don't know where things went so wrong...” Oh this load of shit is stinking up my room.

“How about when I liked you and you cheated with the slut? Or how about the second time I let you back in and you decide to get back with her again? Which one of those sounds right? How about all of them. You pulled a dick move and expect me to just forgive you? We were best friends. I trusted you.” After letting all of my anger out, I rolled back over, seriously being done talking to him. The bed lost the weight of an unwanted guest as Collin cleared his throat.

“I won't loose you.” His voice cracked.

“You already did...” I whispered. Collin finally left, so I rolled off of the bed on top of Ed, sending both him and I into a fit of laughter.

“That sounded kind of serious...” Ed's expression changed fast as he held my face again.

“I'm fine.” I smiled and kissed him again, taking in every detail to remember. “Sorry you had to sit and listen to it.”

“I's cool. You're sexy when you're pissed off.” I punched him in the arm and pouted until he kissed me again.

“Let's do something!” I jumped out of bed and hopped up and down. “Can we go bar hopping? Go to a club? I don't know. I want to walk. Or eat... Oh yeah, I'm hungry.” Ed shook his head and laughed. He came over to me, pulled his shirt off, pulled my- well, his- shirt over my head and then put it on himself.

“ I got tired of that dress shirt.” He smirked.

“Whatever. You just wanted to see me topless!” I hit him in the arm again.

“Ouch. Damn you're good! Where do you want to eat?”

“I don't care, as long as we eat now. I'm starving!” I was already half way out of the door when I realized that I still didn't have a shirt on. “Oh...” Ed tossed me his beetles shirt from the dresser. It has been in there since the first night we met, when I came home and puked all over it. I tugged at my curled hair and put it into a loose braid on the side.