CHAPTER FOUR- COLLIN

I honestly had no clue what I was doing. I was just lost in the moment and before I knew it, my face was on hers. She just was so perfect... She didn't resist, good sign right? I let seven years of love and friendship out in that one little kiss and she didn't reject me!In fact, she kissed me right back. My hand landed on her back, pulling her closer to me. The thought of going to Europe with her now was perfect. The food, the stars, the beauty. Us alone, together in a foreign country. The whole idea was perfect. She pushed away after a while, letting my heart crash to the floor. I could feel the pain spread across my face, and I knew she saw it too, because she flashed her white teeth, grabbed my hand and pulled me up the basement staircase. When I shut the door, we were looked at by all three members of her family. Her brother was the one with his mouth wide open though. The look on his face was priceless. It was a cross of 'Holy Crap!' and 'What the hell is going on?'. After a few minutes of awkward silence and excuses, we headed to the kitchen.

“ I was thinking egg salad. Any ideas?” She was playing it off like the last five minutes hadn't happened at all.

“ What about egg salad sandwiches? There's a difference, you now.” I smiled but was only greeted by a cold, distant look.

“ Okay...” She looked out the window, refusing to look my way.

“ If you want to... forget-” I slowed down when I said forget, hoping she would stop me then and there and reassure me that she felt the same way. “about what happened down there...” I started back again.

“I just don't want to make things awkward between us.” She didn't speak. “ I just wanted to show you how I felt. God, I'm so stupid... I'm sorry-” That was her cue to cut me off and start talking.

“ Collin! Breath! Geeze... I don't know... I just wasn't expecting that. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it...”

“ So maybe this could work?” I almost whispered.

“ Maybe we could find out...” She said quietly. She walked over to me, hesitantly, and cupped my chin in her hands. A quick peck on my lips was all it took for me to melt and just beg for more of her. She walked away to the stove where she had put the eggs only minutes before. The bubbles rose over the pan, making both of us yell and laugh. She walked over to the fridge, where she pulled out all of the ingredients to make sandwiches. I picked up a pickle chip and tossed it at her, playfully. She returned with a squirt of mayo, laughing her head off. The whole food war broke out just as her mom walked in.

“ Clean it up...” She said sternly.

“ She started it!” I said, pointing at Avery like a kid.

“ Did not! That was so you!” She yelled.

“ I honestly don't care... Just clean it up. You guys just messed up my perfect kitchen!” She yelled as she walked out, looking like she was about to explode.