Chapter 30: The Weapon

Stefan's POV
It's 6 pm and we still haven't heard back from Katherine since yesterday. That's making us all worried. Did she get caught? I walk out of my room and downstairs and I ask "did you guys hear back from her?" And Elijah says sincerely worried "no."

Just then, Katherine walks in like she saw a ghost. Everyone turns towards her, relieved and confused. Liv walks up to her and asks "what happened?" We all go to her and she's just standing there in shock.

Then she walks over to a chair and sits down. She says like she's talking to herself "they have everything they need to make the weapon. They're going to make me help them." We look at each other very worried and mom asks "Katherine, honey, where's Gabby, Marcel, and Hayley?"

I could've sworn I saw her eyes go dark when Hayley's name was mentioned. She gets over it and says "they're apart of it." We look at her confused and I ask "apart of what?" And she says "the spell. Finn needs their blood."

We look at each other confused and Kol asks "why?" And Katherine says, bluntly "because you, Rebekah, and Elijah are in love with them." We look towards them, then back to Katherine when she continues "and they need the blood of the people you're in love with for the spell to work. Well, he more likely stated, he needs the blood of your weaknesses."

Rebekah asks, appalled "why us though? Why not who Klaus is in love with?" Klaus glares at her and Katherine says "only three was needed. He chose Marcel, Gabby, and Hayley because they're like apart of the original family. Caroline, however, isn't."

Me, Damon, and Greg glare at them and they roll their eyes at us. Damon says angry "this is exactly what I was afraid of. My baby sister getting caught in the crossfire of your mess." I completely agree with Damon, this is why she shouldn't have gotten involved, but I know she did for Hope, not only them.

The originals are about to say something, but Katherine speaks first "they want me to do the spell today. They say if I do, I will get Nadia back right after the spell is complete." She pauses and gets up and goes to the window.

Katherine continues "I have to do it. If I don't they'll kill her. She's all I have, I can't lose her... Please, tell me you have a plan to break Finn's power and find Hope." I say "we do. My witch friend should be on her way now. We understand you don't have a choice."

She turns around towards me and smiles and says "thank you!" I nod my head at her. We hear her phone ring and she takes it out and her eyes widen in fear. She turns off her phone and says "it's time." We nod our heads at her and she says "good luck."

She looks at me and Klaus and says "get your daughter back, while I do the same." We smile at her and she leaves to go and help Finn. Elena asks "Stefan, please tell me Sharon is on her way?" And I say "yes, she is."

Third Person
Katherine walks into the room Finn and Mikael are in and she sees them by a table, surrounded by witches herbs and the white oak ash stands out. Katherine looks and sees Gabby, Hayley, and Marcel knocked out.

Katherine asks "what did you do to them?" And Finn says "they are asleep. They will each wake up when I need them to. One by one. Now let's get started." Katherine hesitantly walks over to the table.

Before she starts, she asks "you'll give me Nadia back right after I'm done, right?" Mikael answers "right!" She nods her head and helps them do the spell. While she is chanting, she is putting in the ingredients. Next, she puts the white oak ash in.

Finn says "keep chanting!" He walks over to Marcel, Gabby, and Hayley. He waves his hand and Gabby wakes up gasping for air. Mikael grabs her roughly and brings her over to the table. Finn grabs her hand and cuts it.

Finn brings her hand over to the bowl and dumps her blood in it. While doing so, she's trying to get free. She screams "let go of me! You son of bitch!" Finn says, bluntly while ignoring her "alright, I'm done with you. Next!"

He uses his magic and snaps her neck and she drops to the ground. Finn says to Mikael "bring Marcel." Mikael goes and gets him and Finn wakes him up and does the same to him while Katherine is chanting and watching with concern.

____________________

Everyone is waiting for Sharon to come. She's been staying at a hotel nearby the originals. She walks into the room and everyone gets up when they see her and she says while walking towards them "let's get started."

Stefan asks "you can find what he's using, right?" And Sharon says "yes, I can." She goes over to a table and she takes out her supplies and she puts them together while chanting something.

After a minute, her chant becomes louder and all the ingredients in the bowl set on fire and she closes her eyes. After a few seconds, she stops chanting. When she opens her eyes, all they see is white and everyone gasps in fright and shock.

Sharon says "I see it. What he's using for power." Brenno asks "what? What is it?" Sharon answers "it's not what, it's who. Four people. I need to look more closer." She closes her eyes and starts chanting again.

After a minute, she gasps and her eyes goes back to normal and the fire disappears. She inhales and exhales deeply and she looks at Stefan with worry. Stefan asks "what? Who's he using?"

Sharon asks, worried "can I see the picture of Hope again?" And he says, worried "yeah, here." He takes out a picture of him and her at an ice skating rink when she was three.

Sharon takes the picture and she widens her eyes in worry. Klaus asks "what? What is it?" Sharon gulps and says "she's one of the people he's using as his power anchor."