Chapter 9: Truth Comes Out

Stefan's POV
I'm here at the Salvatore boarding house and I'm parking now. I get out of the car and go to Hope's side and unbuckle her seatbelt and help her out of the car. 

When she's out, I pick her up and hold her close and protectively to me. I close the door and vamp speed to the door and Hope giggles a lot when I do that with her in my arms. 

Now, I'm waiting for Damon to open the door with his key. Caroline asks "so, your name is Hope?" I look at her like how do you know that? She notices and says "I heard you say her name while you were in the car." 

I nod my head then Hope says "yep, that's my name. I am four years old and I know how to use magic!" I go into shock when she says that. I say "Hope! You know you can't go around telling people that. What's wrong with you? You know better!" 

Hope says sadly while nuzzling into the crook of my neck "I'm sorry Daddy S, but I hate keeping it a secret. It's like hiding who I am." I frown a little and sigh then say softly while rubbing her back "I know baby girl, but it keeps you safe and out of danger." 

Ric asks speaking for the first time "she's a witch?" I give a small nod. I see Damon looks just as shocked as everyone hearing that she's a witch, but he finally finds the key and opens the door. When he does, I walk in along with everyone else. I go into the living room and I see Greg, mom, and momma G sitting down talking.

 I go into the living room and I see Greg, mom, and momma G sitting down talking

They look at us when they see us walk in. They smile when they see me, but then frown a little in confusion when they see Hope. Elena says breaking the tension "Matt is on his way. Stefan how do you have this little girl?" 

I ignore her question and ask "Bonnie, can you hold Hope for a minute please?" She nods her head and says "of course." I give Hope to her and Jontae says "wait! You knew Stefan was coming, Bonnie?" And she says "yes, but Stefan made me promise not to tell anyone." 

Greg looks at me hurt along with mom, Damon, and momma G. Greg asks "why?" I sigh sadly and say "I'll explain everything, I promise. Once Matt gets here." Damon sighs and goes to get a drink. 

Hope says "isn't it a little too early to be drinking that stuff?" And he says "it's seven o'clock somewhere little girl." Hope whispers to Bonnie "is that the day drinker Daddy S says has issues?" I smirk at Damon and Bonnie says "yes, that's Damon Salvatore, his older brother." 

Damon asks "okay Stefan, who is this little girl? And why are you telling her lies?" I ignore his questions and Momma G says "well, at least tell us where you've been. When Gabriella told us you left we were all upset." 

I say while walking to the fireplace and looking at it "well you know, I have questions of my own. Like, how are you three alive?" I ask that pointing to Liv, Kai, and Jo. I ask Damon and Elena "and why are you two not human?" Damon says "when you explain your side, so will we." I say "fine!" 

Then we hear Matt come in and he says "hey, I'm here! Stefan, can you explain now?" I say "alright. Hope sweetie, come here please!" Hope asks still in Bonnie's arms "why Daddy S?" I say "remember what I told you in the car? When we tell people the truth it will be dangerous for you, Hope." 

She nods her head and gets out of Bonnie's arms and she runs to me and hides behind me holding onto my legs and I block her protectively. Mom asks "sweetie, what's going on? Who is this little girl" 

I held Hope behind me more and I could see everyone noticed the protective phase I'm in. I say "this is Hope. Hope Mikaelson! The daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall and I have been raising her for the past 5 years."