Switching Emotions (Kurt)

After Kurt heard Blaine on the radio his days seemed to have a repeating pattern. He would be doing something completely normal and then came something that reminded him of Blaine. His days were filled with the thoughts and memories of his high school honey.

He felt horrible about it because it was starting to take a toll on his relationship with Leon. Leon could tell there was something going on with Kurt, but he just couldn't find himself talking about it around him. He was too afraid to lose him. In an attempt to recapture Kurt's attention, Leon would heat things up and sneak off with Kurt for a nooner. Still, even with all of these ways to get Kurt to notice him, Blaine seemed to steal away the attention that Leon so longed for. Everyday filled more and more with frustration for both of them.

Every week seemed to feel longer and shorter at the same time. Life was getting boring for Kurt and Leon was feeling worse with each passing day. Kurt was the one to bring up his feelings. He told Leon about how he felt-leaving the Blaine part out-and Leon joined in with his feelings. They talked about it for a good hour or two and decided they just needed to take a little break from each other. For a day or two at the most, they decided.

Being away from Leon made him realize how accustomed he had become to being with someone. Kurt had the effect that he was hoping for. He was craving Leon's presence, and finally when they reunited there was a type of relief between the both of them.

With their connection growing stronger with each day it seemed that the Blaine thoughts were starting to subside. A few weeks after Leon and Kurt's reunited emotions came difficulties.

During one of his performances he was in the middle of a scene with himself and Blaine. Well, the actor playing Blaine. They've done this scene so many times everything that was said or sang was expected. They were in the middle of the scene where Kurt had first met Blaine. While they were performing Teenage Dream the actor's face seemed to trigger old memories. Flashes of Blaine with the Warblers slashed through Kurt's mind. A tear was shed and the actor seemed to notice. With the way he was looking at Kurt, it was as if he were telling him to get his act together and go on with the scene. With the song still playing it was nearly impossible for Kurt to do so.

His line came up after the song and he stumbled on his words more than once. He tried his best to act as if none of that happened, but with Blaine still dancing in his head it didn't work out so well. The world seemed to wash away from him and one memory lingered. Blaine saying I love you for the first time. The memory goes black and so does everything around him.

****

Kurt wakes up in chaos. Everyone is surrounding him. His cast members, the security guards, even the tech crew were all standing around him. He looks around and then realizes he's on the ground. As he tries to sit up a wave of pain hits his head.

"Ow", he groans while lying back.

He reaches toward the part that hurts and feels a large bump. What happened?, he questions. As if his question had been heard, a person from the small crowd answers.

"Out of nowhere you just fell", they exclaimed, then continued, "and you hit your head."

Kurt looked toward where the voice came from and saw the actor who plays Blaine, who was still in his costume. Once his eyes hit the character memories came flooding back. Sorrow filled his heart once again. Another groan left his lips and someone stumbled through the circle. It was Rachel, or at least he thought. He couldn't tell if it was the real her or just the actress in the costume.

"Guys, guys... stop panicking. We just need to take him to the doctor to check if he didn't injure anything. I googled it on the way here", the voice said with certainty.

Yep, it was Rachel, Kurt confirmed to himself. A few people volunteered to take him, but Rachel made it clear it would be her. After helping Kurt up slowly and carefully, she practically carried him to her car. She thanked the few people who followed her and Kurt to her car for their concerns. While driving away she looked to the passengers seat. Kurt looked out of it, as if he were in deep thought. Focusing back on the road, Rachel drove in silence.

They made it to the ER only a few minutes after. She sat Kurt down in the nearest chair and went up to the person at the front desk. She explained the situation that one of the cast members had told her and occasionally looked over at her to see if he was holding up well. The lady she was talking to simply nodded and told her to sit down with Kurt until she was called. She sat down next to Kurt and just watched him from the corner of her eye. After two or three minutes of just that they were called.

She held Kurt's hand and led him to the doctor's office. The doctor sat down in his chair as they filed in and put down a folder of various documents.

"So, Mr. Hummel, how are you feeling right now?", the doctor asked.

"Uh, I have a small headache... and things are kinda fuzzy", he answered.

"Okay. And you fainted prior to hitting your head? Is that right?"

"Yeah"

"What happened before you fainted? Did anything happen that might have triggered this event?"

"Uh well-", Kurt was cut off by Rachel's phone buzzing to life.

She picked up her phone and answered while exiting the room. After closing the door behind her, she spoke.

"Hello?", she asked the unknown caller.

"Hey Rachel, it's Kurt's boyfriend, Leon. Is Kurt okay? I heard about what happened.. and I called his number and a guy picked it up and said you already took him to the hospital. I hope he's okay. What if he's not.. What if I-", he ranted on until Rachel cut him off.

"He's fine, he's fine. He's talking to the doctor right now. I'll tell him you called, okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah okay. Thanks so much," he stammered.

She hung up and walked back into the office. The doctor nodded at Kurt understandingly.

"That was Leon. So what happened", she asked.

The doctor explained how he fainted from the built up stress that Kurt had gained over the few weeks, and how when he hit his head he experienced a grade 3 concussion. He also explained what exactly a grade 3 concussion was and how to treat it. Kurt and Rachel left the room thanking him and headed back to the car. Rachel took Kurt home to a waiting Leon.

"Are you okay, hun?", Leon asked worriedly.

"I'm fine", he reasurres.

"So, yeah. Just call me if you need anything okay, Kurt?", Rachel says.

"Okay. Thank you Rach," he goes and hugs her.

She leaves and Kurt and Leon are left alone. Kurt goes to the room because he knows if he turns on the TV that there will be his episode all over the news. He sighs once he sits on the bed and turns on the iPod that is connected to the stereo. One of Blaine's songs bustes through the speakers and he quickly changes it. Turning red, he turns on the Les Mis track and sits back on the bed. Leon joins him in the room and sits on the bed next to him.

"Sorry that I wasn't there. I was... busy", Leon apologizes nervously.

"It's okay", Kurt says.

Once Kurt recovers they go to sleep in silence. No hugs or kisses goodnight. Just silence. So much went on that night. Not just for Kurt, but also for Leon.