How Life is Now (Kurt)

It was 5:30 in the morning when Kurt Hummel made his way to the theater he worked so hard to get to. He was always the male lead in every famous Broadway show, and he was known all over the world. He stops quickly to order a coffee and then arrives to the set a few minutes later. He's first greeted by the security woman who stands by the back entrance and is in charge of who gets in and out of the building.

        "Good morning, Mr. Hummel", she says with a smile.

         "Morning", he cheerily replies.

         After completing his routine of saying good morning's and hi's to the usual people he gets straight to rehearsing and as always, and does a magnificent job doing so. By 5:00 in the afternoon he is able to go back home and relax. He calls a taxi and makes his way home. Once he gets to his comfortable and decently sized apartment, he makes himself a non-fat snack and turns on his laptop. He continues the novel that he's been working on for almost 2 years now. The urge to write occurred to him in a dream, he found himself waking up at 1 in the morning and scrambling to get his ideas down. After that it's become part of his schedule to write immediately after he gets home.

        After a good hour or two he makes dinner for himself and his boyfriend, Leon, who is barely getting home from his job. He is a very successful writer himself-the editor and chief for the famous New York Times- and over the years has always been there for Kurt. As soon as Kurt found that he loves to write and realized that he is actually quite good at writing, Leon was more than happy to help him along the way. They met in central park for the Thanksgiving Day Parade and hit it off from the beginning. After that day they were inseparable.

        "Hey Hun", Leon greets him from the door, makes his way to the kitchen, and kisses him on the forehead. Kurt lovingly hums in response.

        "It smells delicious by the way, as always", Leon winks.

        "Well of course. After all, it is me cooking", Kurt confidently replies.

        Leon replies with a laugh. Soon after that the meal is finished cooking and they sit down at the table and have a quiet, but comfortable dinner. Kurt suddenly jolts up with an excited look on his face, but refrains from saying a word because his face is stuffed with food. Leon tilts his head and asks, "What", and accompanies the question with a chuckle.

        After swallowing the food Kurt makes his way to their stereo that joins their living room wall. "Show tunes!!", Kurt announces, while turning on the music from his all-time favorite Broadway musical, Wicked.

        He dances his way back to the table. He nibbles more on the delicious dinner and practically squeals when 'Defying Gravity' flows from the speakers. He gets the stereo remote and turns it up full blast. He sings along happily, closing his eyes occasionally to fully feel the passionate emotions he feels for the song.

        After cleaning the dishes and almost hearing all of the songs he checks the time.

        "NO!", Kurt shouts loudly.

        Leon knows how dramatic Kurt is about almost everything, but he still is curious from every shout that escapes his boyfriend's mouth.

        "What is it this time, hun?", Leon asks from another room.

        Kurt shouts with an obvious trace of upsetting disapproval in his voice, "I'm 5 minutes late!! America's Next Top Model is already on".

        "I'm sure it will be fine", Leon reassures him while joining Kurt on the sofa.

They watch it together in silence, only breaking it when a commercial came on. As soon as the show was back on Leon knew to shush, even if it meant in the middle of a sentence. Kurt was entranced with everything that happened on the show. He watched intently on the screen, while Leon marveled on how focused he was.

        Kurt's phone buzzes to life immediately once the episode is over. He answers the phone to the very loud voice of none other than his best friend, Rachel Berry.

        "I know, I know", Kurt answers comfortingly when Rachel complains about her favorite person on the show, Tymara, got voted out and sent home.

        Kurt had known from the beginning that Tymara wouldn't make it all the way. Watching the show was almost too easy for him to predict who will win. The many years that he has watched the show, he's always known from the first episode who would win and who would be tragically sent home. After all, he was always a mastermind when it came to fashion.

        After their conversation was over, it was time for bed. Tomorrow was an exciting day. Kurt returns to the stage along with his cast members for opening night. Kurt wasn't nervous at all, he was ready.

        After kissing his boyfriend on the cheek and exchanging goodnight's they fall into a long, peaceful sleep.