Chapter Two- I Just Want to Help..

Song to the side is Glycerine by Bush -------------------------------->

_________________________________________________

(Matthew)

    Well the first day of school was... Interesting for one, I mean the classrooms were amazing, all of them individualized to the teachers exact taste of, well everything really. Paint, posters, lamps, furniture, all of the room's qualities describes the teacher's personality perfectly. Ms.Cerridewyn's room was the most outstanding yet, she's my favorite teacher so far, poetry is an enchanting class. Mr.Kiedis's class was the most awkward because of what I had accidentally dropped to him in that conversation. The only open seat was in the very back next to the window, thank fucking god man. He did stare at me quite a bit and tried to make me introduce myself, I just stood at the front of the class for a minute, cheeks blushing dark red, stuttering like a dumbass, god I must've looked stupid. He finally just let me sit down after like thirty seconds of uninterrupted stuttering, and some kids laughing at my shyness. Well I know that THAT rumor is going to spread, let the bullies start coming.. His room rocked though, band posters everywhere, Metallica, Misfits, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Motley Crue, Sublime, Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Marely, all of it. He even has a black light in the corner. Well at lunch I couldn't find anywhere to go so I found a stairway up to the roof of our two story school and saw the sky, cloudy grey stormy skies, softly sprinkling. So I got down up there, my cuts on my wrists were hurting and stinging really bad so I pulled all of my bracelets off to see if they were infected, (they were) and rights as my cuts were out in the open, the cooling rain was occasionally dripping onto them, making them sting less I heard a voice, someone I didn't notice was out there with me saying, "Cutting isn't the way to deal with the things that go on around you Matthew..." i turned over, clutching my wrists to my chest I saw Mr.Kiedis as hot as ever, his sleeves pulled up to his elbows and a cigarette was rested in between his lips. His sleeveless wrists showed old scars, old really deep self harm scars, it looks like he was a cutter once upon a time too.. When I finally had a few seconds to assess what had just happened, I accidentally blurted out, "Please don't tell anybody...!"

(A/N: okay I'm gonna go back in time for a minute to that lunch period from Mr.Kiedis's point of view, mkay.)

(Kellin Kiedis [back in time]) 

"Please don't tell anybody...!" he blurts out and covers his hand with his mouth right after to shut himself up. I ash my cigarette and look him straight in the eyes, he looks sad, like I used to look but he's hiding something. I can tell he's used to being in the shadows so he doesn't usually have people trying to find out what it is making him do this to himself but when there are, he just runs away, like this morning. He let something slip and literally ran away, I sit down on the ground next to him and ask, "does nobody else know about it?.." he looks directly down and says flustered from nervousness, "no its not THAT its just... um..." he turns away and says, "fuck!.. oh sorry, I'm just a fucking idiot for letting you know this.. God damnit! Again, shit! Why can't I stop fucking cussing! Gahh!" His cheeks turn a light shade of pink and he silences himself, I pat his shoulder and tell him, "It's okay, I get it that teens cuss, I'm not THAT old. And I'm not going to tell the school or the CPS or anything about the cuts if YOU don't tell then that I'm smoking on school campus, I know how it is to have to deal with them, it sucks. Just I want you to listen to what I have to say, you've probably heard the whole 'cutting talk' before right?" he gets another look of sadness on his eyes, looks down at the ground again and says quietly, "Not but once... People have found out before, but none of them cared enough to do that like they do for other people... I'm not complaining though, I try to avoid trouble as much as I can, but it usually always finds a way to catch up with me. I'm sorry.. I'm not trying to waste your time, I don't know why I'm feeling talkative all of a sudden but I can go if you want..." He is nervously scratching his wrists that have scars and cuts and burns all over them, poor kid.. "You don't have to go, and you're not wasting my time, don't think of me as a teacher, think of me as a friend, and please god don't call me Mr.Kiedis outside of class, it's Kellin, I hate when people do that.. But you can talk to me, I get what it's like to feel sad, and I know how to deal with those cuts if they're hurting you. Can I see them?.." He hesitates, not quite trusting me yet but finally lets me see his arms. I look them over, yep they're infected. The burns don't look too bad but the cuts are pretty deep and pretty infected, they look like they hurt.. It really is sad that he has to do this, he's a cute kid. Woah, woah, woah wait a sec, did I, a twenty three year old teacher just call Matthew, a sixteen year old student cute? Man I'm fucked up because I can't deny it, he's cute as hell. Yeah I swing both ways, I don't really have a sexuality, I don't believe that you should not be able to be with someone because of their gender, it's bullshit, religion, government, big corporations and stuff, all of it is really fucking corrupt. But that doesn't have anything to with how cute Matthew is does it? I mean I'm not going to get all creeper like and go for him, that is wrong, its so easy to manipulate teens his age and I don't want to be THAT guy that every kid regrets when they get older.