Chapter Two

Chapter Two

~Blair~

"You feeling better today?" Kamryn asked me. Kam is my boss and great friend. She came into work just as I was getting ready to leave. I came in this morning, spent five countless hours tattooing people, talked a bit with some of my coworkers, and couldn't get my mind off of this evening. My friend Tori and I were going to hit up laser tag then go night surfing. I'm feeling so much better today. It's too bad Kam can't come with us tonight. 

"I'm good. Are you sure you can't come with us tonight?" I asked. 

She shook her head. "I can't. I gotta work. I'm sorry B."

"It's okay," I sighed. "Just think about it? If you want to hang then remember to meet us at the arcade at six."

"I will," she lied. We both know as can't come out tonight. She has to work for the next five hours. It's four right now, so she won't get done until Left Hand Black closes. Left Hand Black closes at nine, three hours after Tori and I go to play laser tag. 

I walked into the back room to remove my gloves, take my hair out of it's bun, put on my jacket, and grab my purse. Before leaving the back room I checked myself out in the mirror we have. My hair looked fine, my makeup was okay, and my outfit was fabulous. What can I say? Even if I tattoo people, spend a lot of time in the hospital, and do a bunch of random things I love to look good. Yes, I'm a clothes obsessed girly girl who who owns enough jewelry for a whole town to accessorize. I touched up my lip gloss and smiled. I looked good. 

"I should drop by my place and eat real quick," I told myself. The arcade has really crappy pizza and we'll be spending most of our time there playing tag. After that we'll be night surfing, something I've never gotten to do before. I'm excited for it. We've got our boards and some glow sticks in the back of Tori's van so we're ready to go later tonight. 

I walked out of the back room to see the boy from yesterday laughing with Kam. What? They spotted me and he smiled, making me nervous. I didn't think he was actually going to visit me when he asked about my workplace yesterday. 

"Ah, looking better I see," were the first words he said. 

I blushed. I'm glad I look better. "Thanks…"

"Vic, remember?"

Oh. It was Vic. I nodded. "Of course I remember. Um… so what are you doing here?" I asked. I hope I didn't sound too rude. 

"I wanted to hang out." Vic grinned. 

"That's not a good idea," I said. I began to leave the shop, Vic following suit. 

"Why not? I liked talking yesterday."

"I did too," I said, not looking back. I continued to walk to Starbucks. There is one around the corner of the tattoo shop so the walk is never long. 

"But…?"

"But we shouldn't get involved." 

"One date, that's all I'm asking for. Please?" he begged. 

I sighed and turned around to face him. I gave a small smile before giving in. "Fine. Lets go."

----

"So you've lived in San Diego your whole life?" Vic asked. I nodded. "Same. I really like it here."

"Yeah, it's great," I agreed. Too bad I won't be here too much longer to live in San Diego. 

"What do your tattoos mean?" Vic randomly asked. On the way to Starbucks, after I finally said yes to his date offer, I told him that I had two other tattoos behind my ears. I didn't say anything about them, even what they happen to be.