Chapter 5: Arranged Marriage

Paris' point of view

I ended up having a lunch meeting with Mr. Kurt Ivo Dela Fuente in a fancy restaurant. Simply because he asked for my brothers' permission. I massaged my temple, feeling like I'm getting sick after this talk.

We talked about the projects that have connected to Dela Fuente Company. At first, it was very awkward for us to initiate a conversation but afterwards, I choke that we got along not in a romantic way but in a businesslike manner.

I've got to admit that Ivo impressed me. So that's is how he worked for all these years...

I wonder if he has a girlfriend now. I castigated myself. Why on earth did I think about that?! I should never give a care to his personal life---most especially his love life.

"Why are you frowning?" I snapped back to reality when Ivo spoke. "Is Project R-153 not a cup of of your tea?" he asked softly.

"Uhm..." I was mesmerized from the soothing voice of his before I blinked so many times. "Y-You're wrong. I-I like it but I haven't read the upcoming project proposals. I-I just arrived and this is my first day as the CEO of my Dad's company." I chastised myself as I could feel myself blushing from ashamed, realizing I stuttered.

Why do I feel shy?

Ivo chuckled. "Cute," he mumbled.

I frowned. "What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing," he said as he smiled sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. I slowly heaved a sigh. This scene brought me back to our old days. A nice and warm lunch then we would laugh to one of our silly jokes. We were so happy way back until something happened.

"I did not mean to hurt you, Paris..."

My eyes glanced up and I met his clouded eyes. I made a poker face. "Stop..." I don't want to hear this again. I don't want to be reminded by our past.

It was all done.

There was no need to discuss.

"You already did, Ivo. You..." I paused as my voice choke like I gulped my words and my eyes stung. Stop it, Paris! Don't you fucking cry in front of him! Don't be such a crying baby! "Thank you for hurting me..." A tear fell from my eye but I instantlt wiped it away.

I closed my eyes as I saw that old but painful memory again. It was the day be cheated on me...

"No... I did not mean to hurt you... Let me explain, Paris..."

"The prescription period of your explanation is expired. Besides, I... I don't need an e-explanation as to what I... I... I..." I couldn't continue the words I want to say. I am already on the verge of crying. I stood up and ran to the bathroom. I locked myself in one of the cubicles.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I tried so hard to suppress my cries. I thought I already forgot it. I thought I already moved on from it.

But the moment I always laid my eyes on him, he just reminded me everything about the painful past of ours. I lied to myself. I just couldn't forget about it. Every inch of my body released hatred for him.

Not on my young heart, Ivo... Your words wouldn't deceive me again... I am a grown up woman now...

I bit my lower lip. Why did I have to agree with him to eat lunch with him?

Being with him would always remind me everything. It reminds me not to trust anyone especially guys. I never accepted suitors after my relationship with him.