Chapter 3: Little Revelation

• Dedicated to Dana Millen Amor Lafiguera

Chapter 3: Little Revelation

Paris' point of view

I was here now in my Dad's office which all of my brothers and even our Dad is here. Since when he went home from the flight? I was a bit sulking. I think my Dad didn't miss me that much. He didn't even cry when I hugged him earlier.

“What do you want to tell me?” I asked as I sat in the couch. They all encircled me like I have been interrogated. Okay… what is happening?

“About this company,” Dad started.

My forehead knotted. “Why? Is something wrong about your company, Dad?”

“Yes.”

“What is it? I'm sure you can all solve it, right?” I asked and looked at them one by one.

“Yes, it is, Paris. We just need a new employer here in the Smith Corporation,” said by my brother, Dylan, the second born.

“Uh… Then why am I involve in this if you can solve it?"

“Ethan, tell it.”

“What?” Ethan asked. “Why me? Stephen, do it!” he said, talking to my third born brother, Stephen.

“What the… Shouldn't you ask Dylan about it?” he frowned and looked at Dylan. “Go, Dylan!” Stephen pushed him.

“Stupid. Go Ethan,” Dylan said. I almost from the boring enthusiasm of Dylan.

“Damn you, two.”

“Ethan Gabriel!” Uh-oh! Dad is getting mad!

Ethan scratched his nape as he found it all weirdly. “Fine.” He cleared his throat first before he looked at me. “Paris Ysabelle Smith, we have decided to make you as the CEO of Smith Corporation.”

My eyes widened. “WHAT?!” Wait! What the hell! “What are you all talking about?”

“You heard me, Paris. Don't make me repeat myself.” He crossed his arms over his chest.

“Yes, I heard you, brother. What I mean to say is… Why me? Why don't you be the next CEO or maybe brother Dylan or brother Stephen?” I am panicking… This is not good, Paris.

“We are refraining you to ask questions, Paris.” I glared at Dylan.

What? What did he say?

“Why not? Am I not allowed to ask?”

“Like I said… yes.”

“What? I don't understand. What are you all up to?” I asked, confused.

“We know you can do it, sis.” My eyes flew to Kuya Stephen.

“Stephen is right,” said Ethan and Dylan in unison.

“And one more thing, you are the only one of four of us who got the bachelor's degree in business. So, yeah, you can really do it.”

I snorted even though I'm still shocked. “Everyone can be a CEO, brother. With just enough proper training and---" They didn't let me finish what I am saying.

Ethan just spoke all of a sudden. “Yes, just like what you said. Enough proper training. We will give you that. We are hoping you'll be starting in the next couple of days.”

“HEY! THAT'S UNFAIR!” I said with disagreement. How could they do that to me?

“Enough!” We all stopped from Dad's stern voice. Then his eyes softened when he looked at me. “I'm sorry, sweetie but we already made our decision.”