Seekers of The Night

She could feel his teeth bite into the fragile skin of her neck. An uncomfortable moan escaped her mouth as she arched her neck towards him. A satisfied moan came out of him as the red liquid ran from the open wound. Then the dreaded sucking sound began. Running a hand down the wall behind her. He pushed her further into the wall. Deeper into the dark corner of the closet they were in. Black was always his favorite color, black for night. He was like an owl. Loving the night, and when the day came around, he would slink back to dark corners.

 High School. That was the worst place for a vampire to be. All the lovely humans walking around him. Their cluelessness was what made them so desirable. Not knowing what was in this world, in their very own school. What stalked them late at night.

 Not once did he look back on the choices he has made in his life. What he did made him who he was. On the other hand, that was how he saw it. For over 300 years, he has left the past behind him. If he glanced back once, he knew what he would turn into. Even more of a monster, killing every human in sight. He would leave all his morals behind and just turn into one cold-hearted monster. Not caring, turning off all his emotions. Someone could never truly turn off all his or her emotions, he had learned from personal experience on that one lesson. Whether human, or vampire. One always feels things that they had thought they would never have to feel again.

 Leaning back from the now trembling girl, he smirked with satisfaction as he looked upon her neck and noticed his telltale bite marks. A little red liquid still running down her neck onto her white lace shirt, staining it a deep red color. She did not look to be no more than 17 years old. Her skirt riding up her legs as she slid to the ground, barely keeping conscious. He frowned slightly as her face became an off-white color.

 No matter, he thought. He crouched down in front of the trembling girl, her arms wrapped around her slim shoulders. Her light brown hair sticking to her face as a light sheen appeared on her smooth, flawless skin. She was not that bad, for a human girl, he thought. His thoughts turning to other things, he quickly snapped out of it. Focus, he commanded as the girl swayed, her head resting on the wall. Humans were so weak, he thought darkly. He had not even taken that much blood from the girl. Or so he had thought. Sometimes he lost himself in the feeding process. Forgetting that humans were fragile creatures. They should be built stronger, able to take more than what they did now. They were too weak, he thought. Nothing compared to a vampire. With their speed, intelligence, and strength. They were the ultimate predators. No one could escape them.

 In the past, he had only come across a handful of others like him. Personally, he preferred to be alone, it was easier that way. Not having someone complain along the way about small insignificant things. He was a nomad by choice. Only one person could fit the role of his friend, but he was long gone.

 There was a strange gasping sound off to his right. He snapped back to the present as the girl began to gasp for breath and curl into a ball on the dirty ground of the janitors closet.

 "Hey now, don't do this..." he murmured to himself, or the girl. He did not know. Slowly, he reached for the frail human. Her skin cold where his fingers lingered. Like humans, his skin was the same as theirs. The only difference was that his skin was a million times stronger than theirs was.

 The only difference that set him apart from the humans was his eyes. They would change color according to his mood. Right then, his eyes were black. Always black. Never feeling emotions if he could help it. It would not attract a lot of attention if his eyes stayed one color. On his off days, the lightest they would get would be a light grey color. That was very rare for him though.

 The girl whimpered again. He suddenly remembered she was still with him as the whimpers began to grow fainter and fainter. He really should work on his concentration skills; Luka was always on his back about being easily distracted. Always thinking about something else, besides the present. That was a long time ago though, things have changed. Or so he thought.

 Things would never be the same between him and Luka, though.

 "Oh, for heaven’s sake..."He grunted, exasperated at the young girl. She would just not keep her mouth shut. If he wanted a crowd, he would have done this out in the hallway. It was a miracle he made it to the janitor’s closet in the first place. He went to long again without feeding. He should have been more cautious. It was getting to dangerous these days...

"Relax..." He breathed closely to the girl’s ear. Instantly the shaking stopped and the mumbling ceased to exist. The powers of seduction.

 As soft as a feather, he ran his hand down along her neck. Goosebumps erupted on her neck where his hand had grazed. Slowly the teeth marks began to disappear. Sewing the skin back together, slowly. The blood running down her neck began to dissolve back into her skin. It was as if nothing had ever happened.

 "You were never here. You did not see me at all today. You don't remember anything." His sweet breath fanning her face as he spoke to her. His black eyes staring into blue ones. Compulsion was not always the best way to go, but he did not want to have to deal with her anytime soon. The way he saw it, no one would believe her silly tale anyways. Of the vampire in the closet, preying on little girls. "Leave. Never come back." He whispered to the quiet girl. Her eyes were glazed over and she had a faraway look in her eyes. Staring off into space. Quietly the girl got up off the dirty floor and stumbled her way to the door. Shakily grabbing the door and wrenching it open, she stumbled her way down the hall. Her high heels clicking on the granite stone floor.

 Uncertainly he stepped towards the door. Next time, it could not get that close, he thought to himself. He would have to watch himself better from now on. He did not want to have to keep running. If it came to that...He shook his head in anguish, and pushed the door open with a bang.