The Royal Pendant; Me

Chapter 2

                                                                             Me

“She is wearing the medallion,” Velsius hissed. “Don’t do anything stupid, you spoiled loser. You want to die?! That’s your lifetime wish?! Do it, come on brave man! Break her neck and everything would be over… you are acquainted with the legend.” he cried, trying to dissuade Julian in his own way. And Julian was struggling with himself, fighting against the desire to tear apart the girl before him. He wrapped his hand around his face and growled in pain, while his left was pressed against her throat, smothering her. He had her so petrified; she didn’t even let a single sound escape her lips. For a brief moment their eyes met. He could read in her eyes how she implored him not to do it, to let go of her.

“Why aren’t you screaming, huh?!” it was unnecessary to ask since she simply couldn’t answer back.

“You idiot, get away from her! The last thing your mother needs is for you to drop dead, she’ll be ruined.”

“I-I” Julian had rancor towards being manipulated, but he comprehended he wasn’t the one calling the shots. He embodied the last hope for their species according to the legend. He himself doubted in all these children’s tales, however Julian wasn’t the most important persona anymore. He was an egoist. But for now it was wiser to calm down and pretend he didn’t mind. He then relaxed the grip around Nia’s throat. She promptly began to cough in attempt to breathe in. Julian was tracing her, watching in disgust. He didn’t know her, nonetheless he already loathed her. The wrath, poisoning him so destructively was delivered by the girl in front of him. She didn’t know it, but she had ruined him, she had taken away his only chance to be happy in the world he lived in.

“Velsius, perhaps now is the most convenient time to introduce the girl to this whole situation.” Reggie offered uncertainly. “At least with what we are familiar with.”

Velsius shook his head, “She won’t understand. Let’s take her to “The Palace”. If we prove to her we are trustworthy, and there is nothing to fear, she’ll accept it easier.”

“Will she be safe there?” Reggie evidently hinted about his master’s behavior. Velsius only shrugged.

“Can someone finally explain to me what’s happening?!” Nia sounded upset. Her hands were still covering her neck, like a shawl that was supposed to protect her. Julian got frustrated again, however this time he endeavored not to burst. His nostrils were expanding as if he was a raging bull. He remembered how Monica used to constantly repeat how much she adored him when he was angry. In her opinion he was similar to a little boy, who didn’t receive what he wished for. And now she was right/ Damn it, she was right! He felt so much pain, it was emotionally exhausting. He couldn’t believe that a being like him was capable of being vulnerable. He felt weak, he almost felt… human.

“I want to leave.” Julian declared focusing his gaze on Velsius.

“And I want to be more handsome, so shut up!” he snapped. He caught a glimpse of Nia and then reestablished it on her for longer. He made a few steps towards her in an attempt to shorten the distance between them, but she drew back.

“I don’t want to be here, please, release me. I was this close to passing away several times today, to be more exact you tried to liquidate me.” Nia was trembling, tears running down her entire face, her make-up was smudged and she was aspiring to wipe it off. She soon abandoned this action, enveloping her body with hands, while her teeth were chattering. The warm air she exhaled resulted into small puffs.