The Royal Pendant; Resurrection

Chapter 1

                                                                         Resurrection

It was Friday night, at least she could remember  that. She recalled how with Monica, her best friend and cousin, were going back from school when they decided to enter some unexposed shop for antiques and jewelry. A little girl was standing on the pavement, passing around flyers of the site. Monica could not resist the gorgeous silver necklace which was on the leaflet. It was really fascinating, mostly because of the huge amber gem. The place was a few meters from them. There were stairs facing down, which seemed to lead them in the basement of the building, but once they opened the old door they saw a relatively small room filled with all sorts of things. Books scattered everywhere, a huge piano, furniture - dressing tables, chairs, tables, bedside tables, turntables, vintage clothes, posters, paintings... and many jewels. The room was terribly dusty. They did not see anyone nearby, which was odd since most of the items seemed to be expensive. So they decided to directly start looking around. Not long before Monica found what she wanted.

“I love it, it is made ​​for me!”  she exclaimed happily when she found the pendant in the shop.

“I've heard it all before, but I do not think you can afford it,” Nia said. “Look at the price - 399 dollars and 99 cents ... practical price.”

“Please give me a loan, I will return your money back, you know I always do.” she requested.

“Mon, I would never even give you $ 5 for such an eyesore.” Nia protested.

“Please, please, please! If you do, I will introduce you to my boyfriend.” she didn’t give up.

“Ah, yes… the mysterious college guy. I doubt you’ll have a boyfriend for much longer, if you wear something as ugly as this in front of him. But it’s your business. Just a second, let me get my card out.” Nia reached for her purse, when Monica tossed herself onto her kissing her cheeks.

“You’re the most amazing younger cousin – best friend I have ever had.”

“I am the only one that can stand you.” Nia cut off while getting rid of the suffocating embrace.

“Sorry girls, but this necklace is not for sale.” the voice was coming from behind them. As if it belonged to an elderly woman.

Both girls turned their heads, visibly shocked by the sight, which was revealed to them. An emaciated old woman with more wrinkles than anyone they’d met, had lent her arm around the little girl who earlier handed out leaflets.

“But you can still choose something else. There is more beautiful jewelry.” The girl's voice was like that of a little angel. She had blonde, long, wavy hair that surrounded her pretty, round face. She had big, hazel eyes quite puppy like.