Surprises - Chapter 10

Here's Chapter 10. Sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to loud banging and immediately knew it was Gabbo being the impatient little monster that he is, so I jumped up in a hurry and made my way downstairs.

"Who's up for some very delicious pancakes this morning?" I all but yelled.

Gabbo, unable to contain himself let out an ear piercing squeal. I looked to Leo for an answer and noticed him watching me with a peculiar look.

"What's up L, what's crawled up your butt today?" I went to scruff hiss hair up but he dodged me like always, claiming he was too old for that.

"I'd ask the same thing," I gave him a warning look which made him take a different approach "I mean, why are you so happy?"

"What are you talking about, I'm always like this." But I knew as soon as I said those words they weren't true. I guess I was a little more enthusiastic today. "Maybe its because I slept longer for once." I tried to cover up the real reason why I felt better today, I didn't want to even think about it either.

So with that, I began fixing breakfast. The day went by so quickly that I had just looked up and noticed it was getting dark outside. We had spent the day, or shall I say I had spent the day, cleaning and doing the chores that I had left for last minute. We then sat down and watched a movie while Gabbo threw popcorn all over the place and Leo complained that this was such a kid movie and that he was bored, but I noticed how intensely interested he became in certain parts just like Gabbo.

I heard my phone ringing and ran up to my room to get it. "Hello," I answered out of breath.

"Hey." I instantly knew who it was.

'Aiden." I didn't know what else to say, after what he'd said last night I hadn't had time to process it, or at least I didn't want to. He hurt me and he was the one that had always kept me safe from others and their hurt.

"Listen, I'm sorry about last night. I was drunk and mad. You know I didn't mean any of those Damn stupid things. I'm just so stupid and---" I cut him off before he could keep going.

"It's alright." I couldn't be mad with him, I knew that much. He was right. Of course he was, it just hurt that he had said it but its also something that he can't truly take back. I will still remember those words. I can't really blame him though, I would have told myself that also if I was in the same situation as him.

"No, its not and I don't care that you say it is. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm a real scumbag you know." I heard him sigh through the phone and could imagine him pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Can we just forget it, just please." I wanted to get past all of it.

With a final grunt he agreed, "Ok, deal."

Before hanging up I invited him over to watch a movie with the kids and he said he would be on his way. When I opened the door he looked at me and then hugged me. This was him saying sorry without bringing anything up, at least not verbally. I just hugged him back, happy to have him back, as selfish as that might be.

The rest of the night was a calm one. It had been a while since I had spent it at home, usually busy training for the next race or actually racing. I liked these kind of days, where I blocked out the rest of the world and enjoyed spending time with my brothers. I suddenly turned when I heard a squeak. Aiden was picking Gabbo up like he was an airplane, swinging him up and down. Leo was chasing them trying to bring Gabbo down. I just looked at them with amusement.