Chapter One

I sit on a lounge chair in my favorite cafe. I've come in here to do school work that's been put off. I open my laptop and start it up. "Here you go ma'am" the employee says as he hands me my coffee. "Thank you" I say with a small smile. Lately I've been thinking. Thinking about everything. Everything meaning a certain someone. Niall Horan. He was my boyfriend until he decided to do his own thing. Not his whole One Direction thing, we were together during that. I mean his whole date models and completely forget about his home. He changed I tell you. Oh Niall. That little goof. He could always make me laugh. Ever since I moved here from America. I was 12 and my dad sent me to live with my grandmother here in Mullingar. It was a big change. A very big change. And he was there through it all. Exiting my thoughts about him, I wiped the smile off my face as I remember how much he hurt me. How much pain I endured for him just to be left behind. Now that One Direction is broken up, I hope he feels horrible for how things left off. I open my assignments online to start them, and the bell went off signaling that someone just entered the cafe. Now I don't know why this ring was different from all the other times it's went off today, but I had to look up. And of course, it would be Niall Horan standing 15 feet away from me.

__________________________________________________

"Are you okay?" A blonde headed boy asked me. Sitting outside my house crying, I look up at him and nod my head yes. "You don't look okay. Are you new? I've never seen you around." I don't answer. "Okay well we're gonna go play some football, want to come and play? or you can just watch. I just don't want you to be lonely." I look up at him again and this time I smile. He puts his hand out for me to grab so he could help me up. "Hold on, let me tell my grandma I'm going."

We begin to walk about a block over to a field that they obviously use for soccer. They have these cute "goals" they made from old wood, and the grass is very beat up but still usable. "So what can we call you?" He asked. "My names Valerie but my friends at home call me Val." "I like it!" He says "My names Niall." I just smile at him and move my hair behind my ear. "So do you play football?" He asked as he started to dribble the soccer ball slowly. "Soccer? Nooooo." I say laughing. "You're American?" He asked and I give a little nod in reply. "I knew it! I've always wanted to go to America. It sounds awesome." "It is.. I love it." I say, trying to hold back tears. "Oh.. Look! I can do a cartwheel!" Niall stops the ball, begins to run and does what I guess he thinks is a cartwheel, but he just does some weird semi-flip and lands on his butt. I laugh. I laugh so hard that I think I might die. "You're crazy." I tell him as we walk over to his group of friends. "Guys, this is Val. She's new! She's from America!" I now had about 5 friends and 1 best friend.

After a few hour had gone by, it was time for everyone to go home for dinner. Niall offered to walk me home as he house was just a few down from mine. "So did you have fun?" He asked. "Yeah I did." I say with a big smile. "Thank you." I tell him. "For what?" He asks confused. "For being a friend. I really needed one." He smiles. "We're best friends now okay? I'll be over tomorrow after school." He says stopping in front of my house. "Okay!" I say begining to blush. "Good night and sweet dreams Val." "Good night Niall."

__________________________________________________

"Val..?" A deep, familiar voice said. I look up and it's Niall. "Niall.. hey.." I say not knowing what to say. He looks at me. I can see pain in his face. "I've been trying to get a hold of you. You never get back to me." "I've been busy." I say closing my laptop, trying to avoid conversation with him. "Wait, I want to talk to you." "No, I have to go, you know work and all." "Let me drive you, my cars right there." "No, it's okay." I say as I quickly leave the cafe. When I'm down the street I begin to realize what I've just done. I walked away from the man who made me the happiest. The man who I could have planned out my future with. The man that broke my heart. "Dammit!" I say out loud, realizing that I didn't even get to drink my coffee.