My Brother Acts Like A Girl

So I’m going to try and get this story done quickly so I can start the second main book of the trilogy.  Like I said, this is just a novella and it’s a part of the main series but it’s not a main book.  The three main books are UnKnown, UnStoppable, and UnTamed.  The two novellas are UnDefined and UnSaid although UnSaid will not be published until after UnTamed for reasons I can’t go into.  Anyways, please R&R!

Chapter Quote:

“There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.”

~Vicki Baum

__________________________________________

Chapter 2: My Brother Acts Like A Girl

Silena

“Silena!  Where’s that tie you bought me?!” Luke asked breathlessly, his hands bracing against her door frame.  She was currently putting on makeup; Silena always found it easier to go makeup, hair, and then outfit when getting ready for something formal.  She looked at her brother from her mirror.

“Honestly, how did you lose it already?” she scolded exasperatedly.  Luke didn’t say anything, just gave her a sheepish, puppy-dog expression. “Mom ironed it for you.  It should be in the laundry room.”

“Thank you!” he shouted, already running down the hall.  Silena rolled her eyes at her brother’s antics. 

“He’s just crazy, isn’t he Luna?” Silena asked her husky puppy, one of the two that had been found on the journey to rescue her parents that summer.  She hadn’t been their personally when it had happened but Luke had.  The other puppy, Neville, lived with the Michaels.  The puppy just looked at her with her bright blue eyes.

Silena found it amusing how frazzled Luke was getting ready for homecoming.  You’d think he had scored a date with Megan Fox or Emma Watson when in reality, it was pretty much one of his best friends.  Silena wondered how Bryn was handling this.  Bryn probably wasn’t fazed, but she never acted anything but calm and collected anyways from what Silena knew about her.  But even with all her quirks, like appearing out of nowhere when her name was mentioned in conversation or her usage of unusual words, Bryn had become Silena’s closest girl friend.  Mainly because they could really relate a part of their lives that none of Silena’s other friends could.  They also shared a similar attitude, but Bryn tended to be more reserved and temperamental.

Silena’s cell rang.  Well, actually it sang “All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus.  When I crack that whip, everybody gon' trip just like a circus!  Don't stand there watching me, follow me, show me what you can do!

Speaking of Bryn…

Silena answered her phone and chirped, “Hey Bryn, what’s up?”

“Derek!  I’m going to kill you!” Bryn shouted.  In a much sweeter tone, she said, “Hey Silena.  Sorry about that.  Listen, Mr. and Mrs. Michaels wanted to take some pictures of all of us so they were deliberating if you and Luke wanted to come over here?”

“Yeah!  My parents will come too because they’ll probably want to take pictures as well.  I’ll let them know!  What were you yelling at Derek for?” Silena queried, grinning.

“He was being a fool and an imbecile and I’m quite ready to zap him into ash but I won’t because he’s your date for tonight,” the British girl ranted.

“Thank you, I appreciate it.  But afterwards, he’s all yours,” Silena promised drolly.

“Oh I can’t wait to break that to him.  Just text me when you’re headed over.  I’m still putting on makeup.  My eyeliner is giving me hell.  I’ll see you later!”