Pricked (Lesbian Drama)

Prologue

Leah pressed herself against the clean-shaven chest of her husband Stefan, drumming her nails up and down his back and sending shivers up his spine. There was a thick silence that seemed to separate their intertwined figures miles away. Neither Leah nor Stefan really paid any attention to each other, just the words their doctor had told them. Leah cannot give birth. You either adopt, arrange something with a surrogate mother, or, I'm sorry to say, have no baby at all. And that was that.

"Stefan, please don't leave me." Leah was crying into the crook of his neck, the curls of his hair dampening with her tears. He turned away from his wife, eyebrows furrowed in concern and frustration.

"Do you want a baby, or not?" He inquired, cutting straight to the point that had been hanging above their heads the whole three hours of silence.

"More than anything in the world," she sobbed.

"Surrogacy's the only way." He concluded, holding his spouse tighter in his grip.

"I knew it all along, Stefan," she sighed, "I want the baby to be ours. Oh Lord Stefan, what are we going to do?"

                                                            Part Two:                                                                

                                                       9 months later 

Camille was in disbelief. She'd never imagine in her thirty-five years that she'd be having someone elses baby: yet, here she was. 

She gripped the doctor's hand, the soothing Push!'s helping her through her painful exertions. 

She yelped. Her flesh felt as if it was being stretched to its limit; and then their were cries. Sweet, high-pitched cries. 

"It's a girl!" The doctor shouted, considerably excited about the newborn.

A whine was the first sign of life from Leah. Stefan looked as if he was about to burst, his face red and his skin shivering. The doctor offered Leah the baby, the cries from the little girl softening slightly into little purs. 

"I don't want the baby." Leah was shaking heavily, holding her hands close to the baby to push her away from her sight. 

Camille was angry beyond repair. Who did she think she was? After the pain she had felt to give birth to the beautiful baby, she didn't want her? "Then get out. Now!" Camille was shouting hysterically in both parents faces. "Now!"

Leah grabbed Stefan's hand and ran out of the hospital, not even stopping  to take a look at her child. 

"Should've got an abortion before the weakling was born," Stefan muttered, leaving the room with a prompt and angry silence.

He, he being the doctor, handed Camille the baby, who she had no choice but to keep. 

"Oh she's beautiful." Camille ran a finger across her smooth and almost-hairless head. "Aurora will be her name."