Chapter 56: We will soon meet again

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Francesa! Wake up! Please wake up!" I had tears running down my swollen cheeks, I felt out of breath, but she had used up more of her powers than I did. I only used a small portion, and I was able to break free.

I shook her shoulder harder and her head lolled to the side, but she wasn't responding. I glanced up and held out a hand towards Wanda, Lance, Angel and Pietro. Francesa had told me that they were her friends, the only friends that would not change her perspective on which side to choose from.

"Please," I wiped away a few tears as Wanda and all of them, knelt down around the two of us. Francesa's head was in my lap, and I couldn't seem to stop the tears that were falling down my cheeks. "Isn't there anything that we can do?"

Wanda met my gaze and shook her head, "Not that I've ever seen. Nobody could control all five elements before. Not even me."

"She's battling herself." Angel spoke up, everyone looked at her, including me. "What do you mean she's battling herself?" I asked her. Angel shrugged her shoulders, "Using all of the five elements all at once, takes up a lot of energy."

"So?" Lance asked her. Angel glared at him, "So it means that in order for her to wake up fully again recovered and restored, she has to battle within herself."

"So she's here, but only in a shell. Like a turtle that doesn't peek it's head out when the slightest of danger is within reach."

"Exactly." Angel said and smiled at me. I smiled back and sighed heavily, "Now what do we do?" Wanda asked Angel. Angel sighed, "I don't know. I've never seen it literally happen. She's in a coma too."

"I know something that might help." Pietro said, out of the blue completely. I met his ice cold blue eyes and blinked. He really was a handsome man, and I wanted to blush under his gaze, when his gaze met mine, but I remained emotionless for a good reason.

"Such as what?" Lance asked him. Pietro kept his eyes trained on me, I felt so uncomfortable with him staring at me like this. "We have to take her to Dr. Swayne."

"Why there? That's her dad's evil lab." Wanda said, she glared at her brother. He rolled his eyes, "I know, but that's where Sabrina the witch and Wolverine were headed."

"Wolverine? You mean Logan?" I frowned and when he nodded his head, I felt my insides quiver. "But, he was in a coma as well."

"Apparently not. When Magneto attacked, Sabrina and he climbed into a helicopter right before things went into chaos." I felt myself almost feel weak in the knees, had I not been on my knees myself, I would've surely tumbled forward.

"It was a lie. All of it, her wanting to join, it all makes sense now." I stated. I looked at every one of them. "We have to go and save him, I've got a bad feeling about this, and maybe just maybe we can save Francesa too."