{Chapter} Two

“One more round, c’mon!” Jason  and Destany whined. I rolled my eyes, trying to hold back a smile that was about to form on my lips. I shook my head, crossing my arms sternly.

“If we play ‘one more round’, I’m just going to beat you guys again and you’ll keep saying it until you win.” I said, arms still crossed. Jason and Destany looked at each other before nodding in agreement. “I guess you’re right…” Destany sighed, looking defeated. “Besides, I’d better get going. My mother’s forcing me to help out with Gregory again.” She said, rolling her eyes.

          Gregory is Destany’s little brother, stubborn and loud like most little boys. Whenever Des’s mom left the house to go out with her boyfriend or just to get drunk, she always kept Destany in charge. Destany hates helping out, but she has to do it anyways.

“I’ll see you later then, Des. I hope ol’ Greg doesn’t give you too much trouble,” I smirked playfully before ruffling her already messy hair. We exchanged waves before she ran down the stairs, answering a seemingly angry phone call from her mother.

~***~

          Jason and I talked for a while before he had to leave. What I liked about Jason and I’s friendship was that he and I didn’t have to talk about personal and sad things, we just chatted to our hearts content. Whether it was about sports, new video games, anything, he and I always had something to say.

That day I beat Destany and Jason six to nothing in Assassin’s Creed.

~***~

“Alexi, I really need to tell you something,” I heard my best friend say, sounding extremely panicked. I looked at her, already scared.

“Did someone die? Is your mom okay? Are YOU okay? Did Mrs. Malcom die and they’re framing me for murder?” I blabbered out as Des put her hand up for me to stop. She shook her head and laughed nervously, twiddling her thumbs. I waited for a few seconds before blurting out “Well, what happened?!”

Now, it was her turn to blurt something out. “I think I like Jason,” She said, not daring to look me in the eyes. I felt myself flood with relief. Instead of freaking out, I merely smirked. “Damn, it took you long enough!” I said exasperatedly. “I knew you liked him when we became friends in the first place. Your little googly eyes whenever he’s around, fake-laughing at all of his jokes. Jeez, you’re head over heels for that guy! I knew it before you did, and I’m not even you!” I said proudly.

She looked up at me in shock, obviously not prepared for that. “You really mean that?” she said, mouth in a wide smile.

“Jesus, you look like the Cheshire Cat. And of course I do, Destany. You’re my best friend, I know more about you than you do, and you know more than I.” I chuckled, smiling warmly before she pulled me into a bear hug muttering something like “thankyouthankyouthankyou.”

~***~

I sat down in English in my usual seat next to Ben. Ben and I weren’t too good of friends, but I’d rather sit by him than anyone else. Class was about to begin when a familiar face sat in the open seat on my other side.

David.

I gave him a questioning look before turning my attention back to the black board. Why the hell is he sitting next to me? Shouldn’t he be sitting by his posse of pretty girls? The ones who swoon over him and make up any excuse to touch his skin? I accidentally scoffed in disgust, too involved in my thoughts. I crossed my arms, giving the black board a dirty look.

When a soft touch grazed my arm, my skin erupted in goose bumps. Before turning my head, I already knew who it was. “What, David?” I spat. He looked a bit hurt and I instantly regretted it. No, I didn’t… Yes, I did. “Sorry, what do you want?” I said, rolling my eyes so it didn’t seem like I gave in too much.

“I was just wondering if I could borrow a pencil,” he said, his gorgeous puppy dog eyes staring into me. What. The. Hell.

I quickly passed him a pencil, not wanting to keep the interaction for too long. I heard him whisper a quick thank you, his breath washing over my skin, leaving me in goose bumps once again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this was such a short chapter, I've completely forgotten about writing this. I'll try to update more often, sorry again! xx -Author