{Chapter} One

"Oh, yep. You're cool." I mumbled sarcastically to my closest friend, Destany. She chuckled at my snarky comment as we watched our guy friends throw a football around. Our main focus was on an unfamiliar player clearly trying to show off to some of the fellow by-standers. 

When he fell in the mud, Des and I both stood up and immediately started clapping obnoxiously. Destany and I loved being idiotic and fun, we pulled stunts like this a lot. The boy stood up with a blush, and ran off to continue playing, a dark brown smear on his shorts.

When my friend and I got bored laughing at the ugly looking stain plastered on his back side, we decided to get up and join in the fun. They separated us onto different teams, so she and I deliberately tried to tackle each other at any point in time. We both usually ended up on our bums, laughing like nobody was around us. The guys didn't care, because for the most part we acted like this a lot. 

I preferred boys over girls, although it all really depends. The girls that I wouldn't mind pushing off cliffs, though, are the fakes.

I absolutely, positively, utterly hate the fakes.

The ones who spend 4 hours just to do their makeup, and another two to do their hair. 

The ones who sleep with guys every night.

The ones who hang around the guys and act like ditsy, pathetic cheerleaders.

Yeah, those girls.

And it just so happens, there's a lot of them at Lakeview High. That's why I like to hang with my 'circle', and not with those plastics. The guys that I hang out with aren't the guys who lead girls on. They don't worry about who they hang out with, or what they're wearing. They just like to have fun, much like myself.

"Alexi, heads up!" Jason called as I saw the leathery football spiraling towards my face. I quickly ducked my head, catching the ball with my up stretched arms. 

"Nice job, Alexia!" I turned to see Devon smirking at me. He knew that I hated being called by my real name, and he knew he wasn't going to get off easy with this one. I raised my eyebrows at him before chasing him down, eventually slamming him in the back with the football. 

"I've been working on my spiral, ya' know." I said, returning the delayed smirk.

"I see?" He replied, wiggling his eyebrows. I couldn't help but chuckle at his insane eyebrow movements that he tended to do a lot.

After a while of tackling and passing, everyone departed, and I left with Destany at my side as we chatted about the game that had just occurred. "Oh my gosh, and when Ben pushed Noah over? His facial expression was priceless!" Destany laughed excitedly. I've always been jealous of Destany's naturally beautiful features. She had piercing grey eyes, pink lips, and light brown hair. Her stomach is flat, her curves are to die for, and her thigh gap is an easy inch. Comparing to her, I'm a bum on the street. I have dark brown hair and deep brown eyes, and she keeps telling me I look "gorgeous". Ha, right.  

She and I clambered into my newer looking station wagon, still chatting about school, the game, and really everything. On the drive to my house, we both decided on playing a bit of video games before helping each other study for tomorrows test.

"I'm gonna win today, I promise. I will get my revenge!" She said dramatically, using her hands to express her 'revenge'. "Good luck with that. I am, and always will be, the champion of Assassins Creed. Get it? Got it? Good," I smirked, still looking at the rode, knowing that she was looking straight at me. From the corner of my eye, I saw her smirking right back. "We'll see." She mumbled.

Destany and I have been the best of friends since the sixth grade. We honestly used to hate each other, our personalities being so identical that they clashed. I could tell her anything, and she could with me.